PDA

View Full Version : Winter NAMM 2009

dimebagdolf
14-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey All!

Hoping we can get any Cap Forum members together to meet up at NAMM.
At least meet up at the booth. Maybe meet up for some beers afterward at the Hilton or something like that.

Here's the link to this year's show info:

http://www.namm.org/thenammshow

Let's start a list of who's going. Then we can plan on a time and place to meet at the show and exchange contact info so we can communicate once at the show via cell or whatever!

YESSSSS!!!

1. Adolfo Rivera (Dimebagdolf)

buddroyce
14-11-2008, 07:56 PM
You can count me in for sure!!

Budd Royce Lam (BuddRoyce - BRL Guitarworks/Budd Royce Enterprises Inc.)

Mail2JackButler
14-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I'll be bouncing around as always! ;0)

dimebagdolf
15-11-2008, 12:10 AM
COOL!

Let's just keep updating the list!!!

2. Budd Royce Lam (BuddRoyce - BRL Guitarworks/Budd Royce Enterprises Inc.)
3. (Mail2JackButler)

JasonA
15-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Dont you need an invite or something? How would a random person like myself go?

dimebagdolf
15-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Dont you need an invite or something? How would a random person like myself go?

Jason,

You have to "work in the industry" or have an affiliation to a vendor... like an endorsement or something of the like.

If you have a friend that owns a music business and is a NAMM member, he or she can probably hook you up.

Tickets are $25 to the event.

vermillionblood89
16-11-2008, 07:14 AM
in this Winter NAAM 2009

MICHAEL AMOTT'S deans goona be released.

JasonA
16-11-2008, 10:06 AM
I dont think i have connections so I probably wont be going :(

The Axe Palace
18-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Count me in! -Nick

dimebagdolf
18-12-2008, 04:42 PM
2. Budd Royce Lam (BuddRoyce - BRL Guitarworks/Budd Royce Enterprises Inc.)
3. (Mail2JackButler)
4.Nick (The Axe Palace)

Let's keep adding the names fellas!
Let's place a place and time to meet up once we get really close to the date!

SEE YOU THERE!

buddroyce
18-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I just realized that my passport is going to expire a few days before the show. Going to get it renewed right now. Hopefully, it'll get renewed in time.

dimebagdolf
18-12-2008, 08:46 PM
I just realized that my passport is going to expire a few days before the show. Going to get it renewed right now. Hopefully, it'll get renewed in time.

You'd better!!!

Gotta meet the man behind the "silky smooth neck" LOLOL!:D

MarineWeston
19-12-2008, 04:32 AM
<----- jealous

27fretshred
22-12-2008, 04:04 AM
I wish I could go.

vermillionblood89
22-12-2008, 09:00 AM
we all wish we could go ... i wish i could go n BUY a dellinger...

MarineWeston
22-12-2008, 11:41 AM
we all wish we could go ... i wish i could go n BUY a dellinger...
Why exactly did you choose that model?? Just asking.... You obviously know where I stand on the issue. lol

vermillionblood89
25-12-2008, 07:26 AM
good question..

frankly speaking i have never heard the real sound of a caparison in my life.. all in those videos n tutorials and guitar magazines..

so far i have only heard chris amott playin dellinger in several vdos..(i mean chris playing CAPARISON made me choose caparison. i luv his tone)...

but i never heard what a hoRus sounds like. ppl here tell me bothe r great they r unique in their own way.. however id rather stick to chris's tone.. ( i kno he's not the best guitarist in the world but definately one of my idols.. o by the way.. my idols r DIMEBAG, LAIHO n CHRISAMOTT :D rock on..

hence i was very confused.. whether to buy DEAN STEALTH, or a JACKSON RR24 (that looked sexy), or the black version of DELLINGER CA..

a lot of ppl suggested dean wud b great but only the ones which cost around $5000

then i had a HUGE confusion to choose between Jackson n Caparison..mind u .. Jacksons one of the best out there... but then LAIHO switched to ESP (coz his axe got stolen TWICE n jackson didnt make him any RR.. i got angry.. besides jaksongot sold to Fender n now is making cheap JS series guitars in INDIA.. of all places..

so i thought just get a caparison.. with a few more discussions i chose a dellinger II HGS.

wildrat666
25-12-2008, 08:05 PM
I HOPE YOU MAILING DIRECTLY WHEN YOU VE SEEN THE NEW CAPARISON MODELS!

just kidding. Im too far away from namm so I hope you boys and girls have a good time. I ve heard rumours from an endorsee about the new models and It might be a caparison with neck through, not the TAT

26-12-2008, 05:37 AM
I HOPE YOU MAILING DIRECTLY WHEN YOU VE SEEN THE NEW CAPARISON MODELS!

just kidding. Im too far away from namm so I hope you boys and girls have a good time. I ve heard rumours from an endorsee about the new models and It might be a caparison with neck through, not the TAT

OOooooohh.... can we hope for a neck thru horus?? But then again I like the bolt on horus as it is.

buddroyce
08-01-2009, 03:24 AM
Well I'm STILL waiting for my passport and Itaru has already bugged me about having a meeting with me, which I HOPE I can still make. However, in the instance that I can't make it to NAMM, think I can entrust one of you guys who are going to take extensive shots of the 2009 models and post them ASAP?

dpowell
08-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Well I'm STILL waiting for my passport and Itaru has already bugged me about having a meeting with me, which I HOPE I can still make. However, in the instance that I can't make it to NAMM, think I can entrust one of you guys who are going to take extensive shots of the 2009 models and post them ASAP?

If I was going I would gladly do it but I'm not :(

dimebagdolf
08-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Of course Budd!

But you HAVE TO MAKE IT!

Keep us posted!

buddroyce
08-01-2009, 06:02 PM
I definitely will keep you posted. Dimebagdolf, I'm definitely counting on you to take loads of pics of the 2009 stuff if I can't make it.

JasonA
08-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I don't like this talk about NAMM......since I can't go.

Mail2JackButler
08-01-2009, 07:51 PM

Buddy.. you don't even have to ask my friend. I can get you all the pics you want.. of course.. you could just show up and I'd be happy to smuggle you into the show in my underwear..:D.. I mean.. if I wore underwear.:eek::pLOL!

buddroyce
10-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Good news folks: I just got my passport back (damn they were fast) so it looks like I'm going. The sucky thing is I'll probably only be there for the first day or so of the show. So who's confirmed on going? Maybe we can meet up sometime (and gawk at the new 2009 Caparison models.)

dimebagdolf
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Budd!

Just got your PM! that's great news!!!

I shot you my phone number. Let's plan on meeting up.

Anybody else interested in exchanging contact information.
Shoot me a PM so we can plan on meeting up.

Thursday would be the best day in my opinion.

Adolfo

Sudzmorphus
11-01-2009, 07:09 PM
I really need to get to NAMM next year, hopefully they wont bring out anything too nice this year as I really don't want to buy anymore caps!!! haha

Joshnir
11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
I really need to get to NAMM next year, hopefully they wont bring out anything too nice this year as I really don't want to buy anymore caps!!! haha

Same here. I almost hope they don't bring out anything I really want because I keep spending money I should be saving for other stuff. If they unveil a production Dellinger with a maple board and a sponge finish I guess I wont be getting a new computer this month haha.

vermillionblood89
12-01-2009, 06:36 AM
well congracts Budd. on getting your passport back.. wish u have agreat time at the NAMM n post a lo t of pics .. TC :D

dimebagdolf
14-01-2009, 05:44 AM
OKAY GUYS!

LAST CALL FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS TO MEET UP!

Send me your info!

buddroyce
14-01-2009, 06:17 AM
You got mine :) I'm looking forward to meeting everyone going. Unfortunately I won't be there for the entire duration of the show. I'll only be around for the 14th and the 15th before flying back out on the morning of the 16th. So that means I gotta do the entire show in 1 day, which we all know is hard. :(

For everyone going whom I haven't made formal arrangements to meet up, I'll be at the Caparison booth around 3pm for a meeting with the guys at Caparison so you can probably catch me around there.

Hope to see some of you guys there :)

vermillionblood89
14-01-2009, 06:32 AM
Unfortunately I won't be there for the entire duration of the show. I'll only be around for the 14th and the 15th before flying back out on the morning of the 16th.

WILL U B ABLE 2 SEE MICHAEL AMOTT? AND HIS DEAN TYRANT BLOODSTORM... obviously i would luv to see some of his pics, and some of his axes....

dimebagdolf
14-01-2009, 06:15 PM
COOL BUDD!

I'll call you and see you there!

WILL U B ABLE 2 SEE MICHAEL AMOTT? AND HIS DEAN TYRANT BLOODSTORM... obviously i would luv to see some of his pics, and some of his axes....

FOR SURE!
The Dean booth is always great. I"ve met Mike several times. Very cool guy. I'll get some pics of his new axe for sure!

Sudzmorphus
14-01-2009, 06:19 PM
Hurry up and get gone so we can all see those new capas :D

Joshnir
15-01-2009, 02:31 AM
Yeah I'm going to be very dissapointed if I come home from work tomorrow and don't see lots of pics of 09 Caparisons.

vermillionblood89
15-01-2009, 03:55 AM
COOL BUDD!

I"ve met Mike several times. Very cool guy. I'll get some pics of his new axe for sure!

O M G.

DimebagDolf.... someday ill go to the NAAM with u.. n well both meet Mike..

dimebagdolf
15-01-2009, 05:53 AM
vermillionblood89,

SOUNDS GOOD!

NEXT YEAR!

I won't have my laptop with me, so I won't be able to post pics til I get back on Sunday. I'm meeting Budd at the booth tomorrow tho, and I'm pretty sure he has his laptop. So he can get you his!

PICS TO COME IN A FEW DAYS!!! :D

vermillionblood89
15-01-2009, 10:05 AM
thanks man...

n yeah ..next year it is then .... were gona go to ther NAAM all together with everyone... n gape n drool over the sexy guitars... Gud luck safe journey n a wonderful NAAM experience... ROCK ON..YABA DABA DO

MarineWeston
16-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Horus 7 Please!!!!!

vermillionblood89
18-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Dellinger MC was HOT...

one question though.. it had new pickups... i think....