PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here use IE7?

buddroyce
07-06-2007, 09:24 PM
I just decided to install IE7 on my PC(actually I just went and updated everything on this infernal system), and originally it was ok. But then pages started to take forever to load and I thought it might have been my internet connection. After a few days I was about to call my ISP to see what the F*** is up, but decided to take care of everything on my side to elminate everything on my side before calling tech support. Needless to say, when I loaded Firefox (on the same machine), IE6 on another machine and Safari on a Mac at my place, they ALL loaded several times faster than IE7!! is anyone else having similar issues?

-Budd

Tommy
07-06-2007, 11:27 PM
I know what your problem is: Microsoft!

Go for Firefox! :p
Works like a charm, I must say!

buddroyce
07-06-2007, 11:53 PM
I kinda figured someone was going to say that. I've actually been a Firefox user back when it was still under development and still called firebird. I just gotta use IE simply because some websites I need to access either won't work with anything other then IE(I know, dumb huh), or is an XML based site and the current Firefox XML implementation isn't that great and doesn't display all things properly.

(I'm cursed with needing the dual-browser setup)

note: and yes, the source of all problems is Microsoft, that's why I'm a Linux sys-admin ;)

gitargod
08-06-2007, 04:25 AM
I've been using IE7 for a while now. No problems here. I quite like it actually. I went from IE6 to FF back to IE6 for compatibility issues to IE7.

09-06-2007, 02:12 AM
I did for a while and then switched back to IE6.

Tsubasa
10-06-2007, 01:20 PM
If you turn off the phishing filter in IE7 pages will load with normal speed again. The phishing filter may be handy for clumsy people to stay off dodgy sites, but it scans /every/ page and pages with lots of text (i.e. forums and blogs) will take ages to load. It's a bit of a diabolical option, that thing is.