PDA

View Full Version : Keeley Electronics Destroyed By Fire!

MikeC
16-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Everything I'm posting here is information given at the ESP USA Forum.

http://newsok.com//article/3338278

I seen this posted on the ESP forum as well, but it was originally copied from somebody in a TGP thread.

Originally Posted by sidehatch
I was in Rob's office hanging with him. he said it was cold and went and turned the heat up. A few mins later we heard some weird heating noises and he remarked about it.

A few seconds later we heard some yelling and Rob got up. Then I said "rob, something is burning"...

We went into the common area and smoke was pouring out of one of the rooms and workers were fleeing.

I went into his office and grabbed my 2 guitars and 2 of his cases with guitars inside and he grabbed some cases.

At that point I thought it was just a pedal that was buring or a small contained fire. When I got those guitars outside it was clear that the place was on fire.

I went in again to get more stuff and by the time I left it was so smokey it was unsafe to go back in.

I feel so terrible for rob and wish I knew how bad it was right off because I could have grabbed a lot more stuff.

In Rob's office he had Pedals signed by every star he has ever made anything for. He had a couple dozen vintage and high end guitars as well as dozens of vintage and high end amps. He had boxes full of Old Fuzz Faces he had been buying. Literally Rob has hundreds of thousands of $$$ of his collection and life in that room.

Rob is such a nice human being. He knew I was having some money problems due to a lot of things hitting me at once (like car problems etc) and he was in his office getting ready to write me a check for a couple guitars and pedals and pickups. Basically, he was buying stuff he really didnt need just to help me out.

Im sure his business will recover and get everything straightened out but there was things in his office that can't be replaced.

Rob saw his buisiness buring to the ground and stayed composed the whole time.

:(

buddroyce
16-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow I'm sorry to hear that about Robert Keeley. I'm sure he'll be able to pick himself back up quickly though.

ZetaMkiii
16-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Terrible terrible disaster, and at the worst of times too. I pray not only for that man but also for the guitars lost in that inferno.:(

vermillionblood89
18-01-2009, 07:04 AM
OUCh...... :C.. that really hurts...