PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Norway!

obtainer
07-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Just wanted to say hello to all of you. I'm a guitar player from the southwestern part of Norway. I dedicate my playing to the extreme genre, although I listen to a large palette of metal/rock music.
I picked up the guitar when I was young (about 16), but didn't play it with much passion before I discovered some of the key bands I listen to and the great musicians within.
I have owned many guitars from different brands, and I now recently bought a Caparison Dellinger HGS. The only downside is that it doesn't got the awesome "clock" inlays. But I am so happy with it and I'm saving (mostly just GASing) for a discontinued Angelus HGS or one of the new Horus HGS. I am pretty ecstatic with my recent buy, and I feel I will have a long relationship to Caparison!

Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend.

/obtainer

Wolvie
07-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Awesome mate, welcome to the forums! Excellent choice with the Dellinger, they are awesome guitars. :) Good luck getting an Angelus HGS, they are fairly rare but pop up from time to time.

Trypios
07-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Welcome dude.
Out of curiosity, which are these 'key' bands you listen to?

obtainer
07-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Awesome mate, welcome to the forums! Excellent choice with the Dellinger, they are awesome guitars. :) Good luck getting an Angelus HGS, they are fairly rare but pop up from time to time.
Thank you! I must say - they are pretty good!
I hope one pops up when I can afford one.

Welcome dude.
Out of curiosity, which are these 'key' bands you listen to?
Thank you! I have a lot of inspirations but Gojira, Nile, Morbid Angel, Behemoth, Vader, Opeth and Decapitated are pretty important to me.

jahosy
07-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Welcome mate :) You sure have great taste in guitars and music!! No Emperor in the list?? They're awesome!

There's someone in the forum selling his Angelus HGS you might wanna have a look?

http://www.caparisonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?4277-FS-FT-some-of-my-favorites.

Good luck!

obtainer
08-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Thank you! Yeah, I think so myself :) I listed my most important ones, because there's probably many hundred bands which I also gather inspiration from and listen eagerly to! Amongst them is Emperor of course! Ihsahn is a beast. His solo work is awesome too. Check it out if you haven't.

I saw engage757's post, yes, but like I said in my pm - I don't have the money for one more guitar. I hope I have enough for one after the summer, when I have sold my Jackson Rhoads and gotten my salary.

jahosy
09-07-2012, 12:58 AM
Ihsahn's solo albums are amazing too :) Grew up listening to the early 90's scandinavian metal and Nightside Eclipse (amongst dissection, at the gates, edge of sanity, sentenced, opeth) has opened up a brand new perspective of what heavy metal can sound like. Faust's drumming was out of this world (he was what? 17-18 yrs old??) ! And the raw, majestic soundscape just blew me away!

Just be patient with the HGS. I'm sure something will be on the market when you're ready :) Cheers!

obtainer
09-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Some amazing music has been put out on our soil. And there will be more - I hope ;) Dissection is one of my absolute favorite bands. Such ferocity and passion! Faust is one awesome drummer, and yeah, I believe he was around 20 yes! Remarkable!

I am. It's one of my dream guitars. I am still young and I have a lot of time.

fireheart82
28-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Greating my fellow viking. Have you checked out Tellus Requiem? They use Caparison TAT (mine) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb9D7kwmVxk