PDA

View Full Version : Ps4

Staygrey92
22-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Sooooo sony's new console was 'announced' but not unveiled at the press conference on the 20th at new york.

Showed us a tonne of games, some of the things the new console can/might do, the new controller. I'm keen as hell. Always enjoy a good game. Any thoughts anyone..if you manage to pry those capa's away from your hands from time to time and get the geek on! :P

Here's gamespot's PS4 section for any news thus far

http://au.gamespot.com/ps4/

dan
22-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Really excited about this. At first the controller wasn't to my liking, but finding out they've out a rear touch panel on the back makes it all the more interesting.

The games/graphics look absolutely amazing. Really pleased with the direction Sony are taking, I was a little miffed that a few companies (Square Enix for example) didn't show us another trailer, but oh well, can't win them all! It looks like one heft machine.

The only thing I can see as a downfall is the lack of PS3 backwards compatibility. Kind of annoying, as it was from PS3 to PS2, so hopefully they have a free way of keeping your PS3 games and putting them onto the PS4. Another issue would be the price. I can't see being less than 300 but hopefully it will be around that though.

Wolvie
23-02-2013, 03:13 AM
I'm more of an Xbox guy myself, not owned a PS2/3 (did own a PS1, glorious!). Not had much time to play games lately anyway.

I do own a PS Vita though and I have to say, rear touch pad is mostly kind of shit. You have to more careful where you grab the controller and also you can't see where you're touching until after you've tapped it so it's not really very fluid. And not having backwards compatibility is a pretty terrible decision. Means there's no reason to really buy the console until it actually has a decent library of games. >_>

But again, I'm more of an xbox guy anyway so I don't really see myself buying the PS4 regardless.

Staygrey92
21-08-2013, 08:34 AM
Well its official... 29th the PS4 will be released in europe, australia and NZ.
aaaand will be released in the US on the 15th.

Will see myself getting one eventually. Maybe after a custom haha

dan
21-08-2013, 10:15 AM
The day after my birthday. :D So I can ask for spending money the night before and queue up for midnight launch. Lets see how many holidays I have...

Sudzmorphus
21-08-2013, 05:11 PM
GTA 5 will keep me more than busy until they go down in price a bit! :)

Staygrey92
21-08-2013, 09:25 PM
GTA 5 will keep me more than busy until they go down in price a bit! :)

haha I find the $400 price tag pretty hard to resist.

AlphaGuitarist
22-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I had both systems on pre-order, as I'm a huge fan of Dead Rising and a devoted XBOX 360 user. However, I just couldn't look past Microsoft's restrictions and the subsequent backpedaling on this issue. I canceled my XBOne preorder and will be sticking with PS4.

Staygrey92
15-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Did anyone pick up their pre-order? Apparently some of the units are having issues...as to be expected lol.

AlphaGuitarist
17-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I got my preorder from Amazon on Friday and it had the blue light of death. I've already requested a refund and will be sending it back tomorrow. I'd advise holding off on buying a PS4 right now, as the failure rate appears to be a lot higher than Sony admits.

Staygrey92
17-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Yep im certainly waiting a few months that's for sure. Happens every time. Xbox will be the same. Always little issues that need sorting out with the first bunch

AlphaGuitarist
18-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Here's an interesting update. Apparently, a vast majority of defective systems were purchased from Amazon, closely followed by GameStop. Sony issued an alert to Amazon, setting up a special process to provide replacement consoles to those who received defective ones, despite the fact that they are otherwise out of stock. I should be getting a new one within 7 days.

Staygrey92
18-11-2013, 09:45 PM
Well at least Sony are being decent about the scenario. That is interesting.. hmm wonder what the go is there

Sudzmorphus
20-11-2013, 04:18 PM
I've still got so many games to get through on ps3 and even the gamecube (I love the old games the best :D )
I guess i'll pick one up in about a year when the prices and failure rates drop.

AlphaGuitarist
21-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Amazon actually overnighted me a replacement system and it works like a charm. I'm going to pick up Assasin's Creed tonight.

@Sudzmorphus, I'm a fan of older games myself, specifically the Resident Evil series. Unfortunately, anything after Resident Evil 4 was pure crap. Syphon Filter 1-3 were great, too.

dan
02-12-2013, 05:38 PM
Love mine, waited at Game/GameStop's midnight launch having pre-ordered it. Worked like a dream. I had one of the fat original PS3's so the size difference it very noticeable and it sounds a lot quieter. The new UI is very smooth and appealing too! Very impressed with the whole system. Knack is a fun game to play as well!

nicklegit
23-03-2014, 01:43 AM
Just got my ps4 bout a month ago. I'm waiting for elder scrolls before I get a game

Staygrey92
23-03-2014, 07:49 AM
I just ordered mine and a few games yesterday. Looking forward to playing infamous second son.

Elder Scrolls come out June doesnt it?

Trypios
23-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Infamous 1 and 2 were two of the best games I've ever played. I need to borrow a PS4!
Elder Scrolls online indeed comes out June for xbox and ps but if you're eager to play, it'll be available beginning of April for PC and Mac

nicklegit
23-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Yeah comes out in June. My Lil bro is a bad ass gamer and he said second son was awesome. Or as he would like to say godlike. He streams and all. But I really wanna get elder scrolls online. Wanna see what else is gonna come out soon. Batman arkham knight looks legit

Staygrey92
23-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Infamous 1 and 2 were two of the best games I've ever played. I need to borrow a PS4!
I've never played any of the infamous series. And I've had a ps3 for years and years. Second son will be my first taste of it.

Elder Scrolls online indeed comes out June for xbox and ps but if you're eager to play, it'll be available beginning of April for PC and Mac
Add Ps4 too ;)

Trypios
24-03-2014, 01:08 AM
I did. Ps stood for playstation. But no less than 2 months after the PC/mac release. Which is something that happens extremely rarely. All the games are released for consoles first and some months later for the computers. Still waiting for that stupid GTA V.

Staygrey92
24-03-2014, 01:53 AM
I did. Ps stood for playstation. But no less than 2 months after the PC/mac release. Which is something that happens extremely rarely. All the games are released for consoles first and some months later for the computers. Still waiting for that stupid GTA V.

Oh sorry man didn't see.

Yeah it's a funny order they've got going for it. The game would probably suit the Pc's more than consoles anyway being an MMO

nicklegit
24-03-2014, 03:40 AM
My brother is letting me borrow second son today so I'm pretty pumped

Staygrey92
24-03-2014, 04:00 AM
My brother is letting me borrow second son today so I'm pretty pumped

Lucky duck! I didn't really have an interest in the game until I watched the video review (showed some gameplay). Looks like it's gonna be tonnes of fun.

Staygrey92
16-04-2014, 12:55 AM
Well the PS4 is great. Enjoying myself that's for sure. Infamous was really cool. Should see some really good gameage over the next few years :)

AlphaGuitarist
16-04-2014, 06:27 PM
I've had the PS4 since release date, but am extremely frustrated with the lack of good games...or the lack of ANY games, for that matter! I'm really looking forward to The Evil Within, Dying Light and The Division. Is Infamous worth getting?

By the way, I highly recommend downloading Outlast from PSN, particularly if you're a survival horror fan.

Staygrey92
17-04-2014, 01:41 AM
Hopefully we get some news at E3 this year. I'm only a casual gamer and don't play too often. So my games are lasting. Then again I got hooked on infamous and finished it fairly quickly. I'd say its worth getting for sure. But for me the reply value isnt so high. Maybe just once bein the baddie.
I'm keen as for destiny, the division and battlefront 3.

Ooo I'm not so good with the horror stuff. Scares the crap outta me. I couldnt finish Amnesia on the mac. Bit of a chicken :P

Trypios
17-04-2014, 08:14 AM
Ooo I'm not so good with the horror stuff. Scares the crap outta me. I couldnt finish Amnesia on the mac. Bit of a chicken :P

You're not a chicken. That game has a 3-6 hours playthrough and most people take months to finish it if played correctly (headphones-lights off).

Anyway, Watch Dogs is coming in 1,5 month !

AlphaGuitarist
18-04-2014, 01:44 PM
I am a huge horror fan. If you're not too keen on horror, I'd advise to avoid Outlast, as that game even scared the crap out of me at times (as a good horror game should!). Infamous sounds interesting - I may pick it up this weekend.