PDA

View Full Version : Cap Merch?

MarineWeston
29-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey, as you all know by know, I'm in love with my Horus. Does anyone know if Caparison offers any kind of merch, shirts, and stuff? I don't even know where to start looking. The only one I've ever seen was the one that Peter Joseph wears in the promo pix.
I'd really like to show my support for the best shred factory in the world. Of course, the noobs around where I live will have no idea what it is.

The_Heretic_Divine
30-04-2008, 07:29 AM
They only did the shirts in limited runs. I think the only way to get one was to purchase a brand new Cap from a Japanese dealer. It has been a few years since they did it.

MarineWeston
30-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Ohh, that sucks. Let me know if you happen to come across one somewhere. Thanks.

MarineWeston
30-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Does anyone know if there is still talk about a caparisonforum.com tshirt??

30-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Does anyone know if there is still talk about a caparisonforum.com tshirt??

Yeah.. there's a thread about it somewhere.. maybe you can resurrect the thread back again and maybe get Budd's attention. I'd still want to get one if there was one.

brokenarrow
01-05-2008, 03:40 AM
I want a Caparison or CaparisonForum t-shirt!

yellowv03
05-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I want a shirt too, but I know the last time Budd tried doing it there were licensing issues.

06-05-2008, 04:10 PM
I want a shirt too, but I know the last time Budd tried doing it there were licensing issues.

But he's a dealer now ain't he?

yellowv03
07-05-2008, 12:23 AM
But he's a dealer now ain't he?

Thats true but I doubt that gives him lisence to market his own Caparison branded products. Although he may be able to get us some from Caparison, which would rule all.

buddroyce
07-05-2008, 03:46 AM
I'm not even going to try to push it and try to get the right to use the Caparison logo. I'm definitely looking into gettins some CaparisonFORUM t-shirts done though. The closest thing I can probably do using the official logo is with the Caparison Guitars logo followed by "available in Canada at BRL Guitarworks" or something like that.

The biggest issue right now is getting some good quality shirts done at the right price, that and the 2nd issue is the fact that since I'm in Canada, shipping would technically be international for everyone outside of Canada so I'm trying to find some place that will not only print shirts, but be able to do it on a small made to order basis and also directly ship them from the US.

buddroyce
08-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I actually invested in a metal etching printer a year ago and finally got around to getting some aluminum picks to print on so I decided to start making some CaparisonFORUM merch and here's one of the first few prototypes:

http://www.brlguitars.com/picks/CaparisonFORUM-metalpick.jpg

I also managed to print some "other" logos if you get my drift but I can't really say what. That and I can do pretty much any line-art graphic on these picks. I can do better resolution images on stainless steel but these aluminum picks are too hard for graphics other than line art. Let me know what you think. Definitely going to start selling some Caparison FORUM merchandise soon to fund this forum.

Tommy
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
That's pretty damn cool :cool:

How are these picks when it comes to grip, and durability?

And do you have an estimate price for them? :p

buddroyce
08-05-2008, 11:54 PM
It's more of a novelty thing. I kinda figured it'd be used for a necklace or a keychain or something. Unless you like to do the Brian May thing and like using metal picks it's not that great for playing(although you could). Durability wise, it's as durable as an extra heavy metal pick.

Still don't know about price yet, but I'm thinking maybe $5 for a stock pick and maybe $10 for a custom design one(as in I print one of your designs whatever it happens to be).

purple_voodoo
08-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Sweet!! Count me in for one!

sixstringninja
25-05-2008, 10:59 PM
Whatever you got, put me down for one!

The_Heretic_Divine
26-05-2008, 02:29 AM
Count me in.

Mail2JackButler
26-05-2008, 02:07 PM
:DBuddy, those picks look really nice.. I'm gonna make a couple of contacts this week and you'll probably be hearing from me!:D

Koki
27-05-2008, 07:17 PM
WOW! Very nice! may I buy one?

buddroyce
12-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Great news!!! I just managed to source out a place that will drop ship all my t-shirts and stuff so you'll be seeing some Caparison Forum swag really soon!. Just gotta design up some more shirts and seeing that I'm now an official dealer/distributor for Caparison I don't think Itaru would mind if I did t-shirts that said "Caparison Guitars, now available at BRL Guitarworks". It's not as great as having a shirt that JUST said Caparison Guitars, but it's just bending the rules a bit because technically I'm using it to promote Caparison Guitars in Canada.

So stay tuned for some Cap Merch coming REALLY soon. I PROMISE!!

27fretshred
13-06-2008, 04:55 AM
Awesome!! I'm still waiting to get a CapForum tshirt!!

MarineWeston
13-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Can you get that skull logo? I don't think thats official.... But, great news, can't wait!

yellowv03
13-06-2008, 05:58 PM
We need the clock Budd. We need the clock. Regardless of whatever you do on em I want one as soon as their ready. Yes the skull logo in my avatar with the clock and the headstocks would be perfect.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d29/yellowv/caparison_20logo.jpg

buddroyce
13-06-2008, 09:52 PM
The skull logo isn't official but the image belongs to Cranes. I've contacted them to see if I could use the image for a t-shirt. I've also contacted Itaru to see if I can use the Caparison logo in some marketing material I plan on pushing out to some potential Canadian dealers. If I can get either one I'm set. Otherwise I'm trying to get some designs going for t-shirt.

If you guys have any designs, please post them! The best designs WILL go on a t-shirt, mousepad or some other bits of SWAG. The only catch is until I can get an official OK from anything any designs you do must say CaparisonFORUM. Hopefully they're all original designs or photos of your own guitars. Photos of your guitars would make awesome shirts if they're taken properly. Anyways I'll keep you guys updated.

buddroyce
14-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Well I got some basic merchandise done up. Just waiting to hear back from Cranes and Itaru to see if I can use either design. In the meantime here's what we have so far (at least to keep from infringing on anything)

The Official CaparisonForum Merchandise Shop

http://www.caparisonforum.com/store/Caparisonforum-storelogo2.gif (http://www.printfection.com/caparisonforum)

14-06-2008, 03:36 AM
AWESOME!! I'm getting me that black Caparison Forum shirt!!

silent_city666
14-06-2008, 03:46 AM
You going to sell any hats?

Hendricks
16-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Fantastic! I just ordered myself one of these:

http://img.printfection.com/1/2619/5280733/kFDhh.jpg

16-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Is it just me or does the logo look a little small??

MarineWeston
19-06-2008, 06:05 AM
Wow, that looks great, the logo does look a little small though. I still need to order one of those cool pick charms too.
And yes, my Blacknight beauty would look great on a shirt:-)
Great work!

buddroyce
19-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll have to redo the logo at a higher resolution and larger size. It was really just the website logo put on a shirt to test the system out.

Wes: If you want to take some pics of your Black Night, any photogenic shots I would gladly put on a T-shirt as one of the designs. PM me about the pick charm and I'll do one up for you ASAP.

And for some further goods news and bad news... the bad news is that Cranes is going to be using the skull/guitar logo for a line of merchandise they plan on releasing so we can't use the image. The good news is that the person who did the image is willing to do some designs for me and Itaru hasn't officially said no to me using the Caparison logo and is going to be sending me a CD-R with stuff when I get my order.

Mail2JackButler
19-06-2008, 06:50 PM
The skulls and headstock thing is absolutely awesome.