PDA

View Full Version : Howdy y'all!

GodBlessTexas
13-10-2008, 08:50 PM
My name is Joseph, and I'm an Ibanez junky, specifically late 80's to late 90's MIJ RG and Saber models. However, I've caught the bug and I'm looking to pick up my first Caparison. The Horus looks to be my cup of tea with the H/S pickup config. I'm also fond of the Orbit, but I think it's a bit unrealistic to own one right now. I've been playing for 20 years and I'm a fan of just about all genres of guitar-related music, thought I love the heavy stuff and the blues when I'm just playing for fun.

buddroyce
13-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi Joseph :) As the forum admin I'd like to formally welcome you to the forum :D I actually caught the Caparison bug a while ago too. Prior to being a Caparison guy I used to be a big Ibanez guy as well, but I was more into the higher end USA and J-Custom models. If you have any questions about the Horus or Caparisons in general, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Budd

dimebagdolf
14-10-2008, 03:19 AM
Welcome Aboard!

GodBlessTexas
15-10-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi Joseph As the forum admin I'd like to formally welcome you to the forum :D I actually caught the Caparison bug a while ago too. Prior to being a Caparison guy I used to be a big Ibanez guy as well, but I was more into the higher end USA and J-Custom models. If you have any questions about the Horus or Caparisons in general, please feel free to ask.

Cheers,

Budd

Hey Budd. That's a very Texan name! Thanks for the welcome. I love the USA and J-Custom stuff as well, but I'm kinda frugal, which rules most of it out. If I buy a Caparison, it'll be the first guitar I've spent more than $500 on.

Here's a few pics of some of my collection:
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x119/joesguitars/guitar_stuff/collection/RG-FamilyPhoto.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x119/joesguitars/guitar_stuff/collection/S-FamilyPhoto.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x119/joesguitars/guitar_stuff/collection/6ftOfGuitars.jpg

Courjan
15-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Welcome

That's a very impressive collection but once you get your hands on a Caparison, you'll start wondering what to do with all those guitars. :)

firewalker
15-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Welcome brother!!

Welcome

That's a very impressive collection but once you get your hands on a Caparison, you'll start wondering what to do with all those guitars. :)

That's sooo very true!! A Caparison is definitely worth more than $500 but if you find one for $500 LET US ALL KNOW!!!

Guitar Asylum
16-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Welcome,

This looks like a great place to swap ideas. I just found it myself!

Great guitar collection!

Gary Gatti
Guitar Asylum
info@guitarasylum.com
1-631-474-7457
Visit www.guitarasylum.com for great deals on name brand guitars, basses, amplifiers and effects. We specialize in USA Custom Shop instruments from Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Tom Anderson, Caparison, Suhr, Charvel, Dean, G&L, Gretsch, Godin, Ibanez, Jackson, Melancon, Vigier, USA Wahsburn, Breedlove, Larrivee, Rainsong, Seagull, Tacoma, Sukop, MTD, Spector and many more. We also carry Engl, VHT, Framus, Rocktron, Randall, THD, Tech 21 and Cornford amplifiers. Effect Pedals, Pickups and Accessories.

jestreme
24-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Joseph.

GodBlessTexas
30-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Welcome

Well, I took delivery of my first Caparison today! A beautiful Yellow Sand Horus in mint condition! She's absolutely beautiful and plays like a dream. And I'm finding that you were absolutely right. I think I'm going to be selling some of my RG's and replacing them with another Horus or two (Hori?)

Joshnir
30-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Did you grab that yellow sand off ebay? That looked like a really good deal. Nice collection, love the maple boards. I owned a ton of mij RG's and S series stuff too before I tried Caparison, now I just have 2 Dellingers and I'm very happy.

buddroyce
30-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, I took delivery of my first Caparison today! A beautiful Yellow Sand Horus in mint condition! She's absolutely beautiful and plays like a dream. And I'm finding that you were absolutely right. I think I'm going to be selling some of my RG's and replacing them with another Horus or two (Hori?)

It looks like you've caught the Caparison bug. You wouldn't be the first one to clear out a herd of guitars to get more Caparisons. It's quality over quantity in the end right? (although quantities of Caparisons wouldn't hurt ;) )