Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Show off your other guitars here - Wanna show off your girls? Go here

Quote Originally Posted by sixxpounder View Post
    Mate, you should try more EPS Custom Shop stuff! They are sweet
    I actually have but I don't have the $$$ to own the ones I want. I had a bunch of ESP Original Series models(the domestic japan stuff) and they were absolutely amazing. Got to try a custom ordered neck-thru ESP MIII while in Japan(which was really just a MII-CTM with a middle pickup) and it felt great!! Too bad Caparison won't let me order a Dellinger II in HSH or a Dellinger 7 in an HSH setup.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Sebas Honing Guest
    I just bought this today:

It's the Bo~el (dutch company) MC-7, the Marcel Coenen signature.

I'm not only talking about this model, I'm talking about the exact guitar on the picture. This was actually Marcel's first production model of the MC-7 (he only had 1 prototype before he got this one). I bought it from him today, he even drove it to my house!!

Finally a 7-string! Now I can start all over again with scales and stuff.

Greets, Sebas.

That is one suweeeet geetar brotha!!! post more detailed pics of it later!!

Sebas Honing Guest
    I'll see if I can borrow someones digital cam for some good pics of my guitars. I tried once, but failed miserably....

Here you can find some more info about this guitar:
    MC-7 TOL Natural

Here you can find more models out of that series:
    MC-7 series

And here you can find some info about the 6-string versions:
    MC-6 series
    (They also used to have a MC-6 with sharktooth inlay, but they stopped producing them.)

Greets, Sebas.

ibanezguy Guest
    is it just me or does the description say it uses a TRS edge bridge??You mean they didn't use a real floyd on that?

That guitar the exact one Marcel is using in this vid?

Sebas Honing Guest
    Yes, it is. Though I can't shred on it like he does...

It uses a TRS Floyd on it indeed.
    IMO it's way better than the original Floyd. Tsubasa's Caparison Venus of course has a Schaller close to an original Floyd, and I really prefer mine. I also prefer the TRS Floyds on my Ibanez RG 450 LTD and my Yamaha RGX 721(though the last one is really busted).

The best feature of that Floyd on the MC-7 is the fact that it has a very stable, yet adjustable push-in arm. This is extremely comfy and reliable.

Greets, Sebas.

ibanezguy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebas Honing View Post
    Yes, it is. Though I can't shred on it like he does...

It uses a TRS Floyd on it indeed.
    IMO it's way better than the original Floyd. Tsubasa's Caparison Venus of course has a Schaller close to an original Floyd, and I really prefer mine. I also prefer the TRS Floyds on my Ibanez RG 450 LTD and my Yamaha RGX 721(though the last one is really busted).

The best feature of that Floyd on the MC-7 is the fact that it has a very stable, yet adjustable push-in arm. This is extremely comfy and reliable.

Greets, Sebas.
    Thems be fightin' words bro! Dunno how the TRS floyd could be better than a Schaller, OFR or Ibanez Edge.

what kind of pickups are on there?

Sebas Honing Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezguy View Post
    Thems be fightin' words bro! Dunno how the TRS floyd could be better than a Schaller, OFR or Ibanez Edge.
    You should check it out then. ;-)
    It's all a matter of taste of course. I really like the smoothness of the TRS. However, this TRS is a bit closer to the original floyd than the TRS on my Ibanez and my Yamaha, because the sadles are opened on the rear of the bridge, while on my Ibanez and Yamaha, their opened on the top of the bridge (which is way easier!).

But 1 thing is for sure: An OFR or Schaller is more noisy than the TRS on my Bo~el. Simple answer for that: On the OFR and Schaller the arm is fitted with a screw (metal on metal), while this particular TRS has an adjustable plastic arm-holder, so it fist perfectly and it's very noiseless. And the springs aren't muted with anything, and yet I never got that irritating reverb (that Tom Englund tried to fight in that vid with the Dellinger 7).

I must admit that the TRS floyds on my Ibanez and Yamaha are noisy. So I don't what it is with this guitar, but it is really perfect!

Yes, I could be a word fighter from time to time. Don't you remember my evil comments on the Horus Snow Cloud and the Dellinger 7?

Greets, Sebas.