Thread: Caparison Pick ups?

Caparison Pick ups?

I've never had any problems with my caparison pick ups but i've always pondered changing them to dimarzios or perhaps some emg's but i never really had the chance to test them since i got my lastest set up.

The guitar is a TAT II and im running through a Powerball in case anyone's wondering.

What do you guys think?

Both are cool, but if you do EMG's I would really recommend the 18v mod. Especially if you are using an 81. I really like the Tone Zone and the Super Distortion as far as Dimarzio.

Vzal,

I run a Powerball as well. I have the following:

Snow Cloud Horus:
    Seymour Duncan Custom 5
    Seymour Duncan Hot Rails

DeepSea Horus:
    EMG 81
    EMG SA-1

18v mod and PA-1 boost on the single coil

Both have very distinct characteristics. The EMG's are very in your face and piercing. VERY aggressive.

The Duncans sound amazing, more bottom end than the EMG's and much more organic sounding.

I like them both. Just depends on what I'm feeling at the moment.

I like both setups MUCH more than the stock Cap pickups.

The TAT II bridge pickup is actually a very good sounding pickup. Much better sounding than the stock BH-IIR that's found on the Horus. If you're going to upgrade the pickups the only thing I would suggest on a TAT II is to put in a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck position and keep the stock PH-R in the bridge.

Dimebagdolf: Ever think of putting an EMG85 in the bridge position of your Deapsea Horus? It'll have much more bottom end to it than the 81.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

I've become quite a Dimarzio lover. I'm really crazy about the Super 3 in the bridge. Thats just a good solid metal pickup. I'll let you know about the X2N when I get her in there. For me, EMG's were a phase that I quickly outgrew.
    I agree a AN would be the best choice for the neck.

I agree with Budd. The PH-R has become my favorite bridge pickup. More so than any Dimarzio or Duncan i have heard. I would also recommend an Air Norton in the neck.

I a Seymour Duncan Full Shred in the bridge with a Hot Rails in the neck on my Horus. I love the Full Shred because it's tight, clear, and gets great harmonics all while being very agressive sounding. While it's not as agressive as the X2N (I don't think anything is on the same level as the X2N), it's really great.

Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    The TAT II bridge pickup is actually a very good sounding pickup. Much better sounding than the stock BH-IIR that's found on the Horus. If you're going to upgrade the pickups the only thing I would suggest on a TAT II is to put in a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck position and keep the stock PH-R in the bridge.

Dimebagdolf: Ever think of putting an EMG85 in the bridge position of your Deapsea Horus? It'll have much more bottom end to it than the 81.
    Budd,

That's not a bad idea actually. I may soon have an extra Zakk Wylde set up. As I'll be putting one of my Kramers back to stock and taking the 81/85 combo out.

Hmmmmmm

Thanks for the thought!