Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To Strap lock or not to Strap lock, that is the question!

My only beef with the Schaller strap locks is really just that they use really small screws with thinner threads that tend to be smaller than the original holes. They hold ok, but with a good enough bump they do slip out of the holes. The Dunlop ones look flimsier but hold pretty well. I personally like the strap locks Gotoh sells.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

I use tooth picks and a little glue to fill the holes when I put the screws in. They are really sterdy after I do that. I didn't know gotoh made strap locks though. I will have to check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by cj87 View Post
    I use tooth picks and a little glue to fill the holes when I put the screws in. They are really sterdy after I do that. I didn't know gotoh made strap locks though. I will have to check those out.
    I never knew Gotoh made them either!

I usually use the original screws that came with the stock buttons with the Schallers.
    Never had a problem doing it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by cj87 View Post
    That's generally what I have to do to ensure that they fit securely without ever getting loose. A dab of glue along with the toothpicks generally does a lot better.

Here's what the Gotoh strap locks look like

Allparts is the only place I know in North America that sells them. They unlock be twisting the top piece on the guitar strap. Probably holds better than anything else I've found. You actually see them on all the high end Ibanez J Custom guitars nowadays.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

^Does it come in gold?
    "There is no comparison to a Caparison." - Me