Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebonized Horus Fretboard

Talking Ebonized Horus Fretboard

Seeing that there was a few posts regarding the staining of a Horus fretboard I figured I might as well post some pictures of the Horus I just finished staining for a forum member here. Not many shots but thankfully this new digital camera takes much better shots than my old one (ok, I just suck at taking photos and need a camera that will do as much work as possible). Anyways here's the pics

NOTE: I've left the 12th fret UNSTAINED just for your comparison. It has now been stained.

The guitar while it sits on one of my ghetto make shift work benches.

A closeup of the unstained 12th fret for a visual comparison. You can also see the rounded fret ends and the rounded fretboard edge on this shot pretty well.

Another close up shot of the 12th fret, but this time the colours are correct.

Overall, I'm pretty sure you'll all agree with me that the guitar looks a LOT better with a black fretboard. My next stain project is going to be the fretboard on a Horus Iris Violet with a deeper than normal violet finish and black hardware (yep, BLACK hardware).

Enjoy! The fretboard staining is now an option on my Premium stuff.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Dude that is hot!

That does look good. It is too bad that my new one will already have a real Ebony fretboard;-)
    Now that looks like a rounded fretboard edge too. Soon, my Blacknight will be as cool as this one.

27fretshred is offline Senior Member - Site Supporter Half way to being a Forum Pro
    That's super!! The black fretboard on the Black Night looks awesome! Too bad it's got gold hardware. It would have looked cooler with black hardware.
    I got 3 more frets than you

hey i did the same to my iris too check it out, except i didnt leave the 12th fret and i dont think i did a good job as u did
    RIG
    Engl Fireball 100
    Marshall 4x12
    Boss NS2
    Guitars
    Caparison horus with BKP miracle man
    Ibanez RG1527 with dactivator.

Soon to get:
    im really feeling an angelus M3B or a dellinger 7

Quote Originally Posted by fateofthorns666 View Post
    hey i did the same to my iris too check it out, except i didnt leave the 12th fret and i dont think i did a good job as u did
    Just saw it in the other thread. You did a pretty good job with it actually, especially for the first time.

As for the 12th fret on the one I did, I left it unstained on purpose just to show the difference on the colour. The fret has now been stained and the whole fretboard has that uniform black look.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Budd,

Have you posted pics of this "dark" iris violet w/ black hardware?
    If so, I haven't seen it...

WOW! ich really like black fretboards
    great work!

Iris with black hardware and dark fretboard..

Good job Budd. I deffinatly like the guitar much more with the fretboard a bit darker.

i mite actually change the harware who knos, but all in time..not unless som1 wants to trade
    RIG
    Engl Fireball 100
    Marshall 4x12
    Boss NS2
    Guitars
    Caparison horus with BKP miracle man
    Ibanez RG1527 with dactivator.

Soon to get:
    im really feeling an angelus M3B or a dellinger 7