Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NAMM Guitars & Pickup Observations

Thumbs up NAMM Guitars & Pickup Observations

So I received the 3 guitars I purchased @ NAMM in the other day. There was a Dellinger MC Aluminum, a Horus HGS-MF Oiled Walnut, and TAT Special Amber. All 3 are absolutely amazing (I'll post pics later, but for now I'll post some I took at the show below.

However, the Dellinger MC has new pickups in it and this is the main thing I'd like to talk about here. Itaru mentioned it was because of how the metallic finish changed the tone, he felt he needed to design a different pickup. Well, I'm REALLY glad he did because I spent a few hours testing it out yesterday through my VHT Pittbull Ultra Lead and those are some of the best pickups I've ever heard... and this comes from a tried and true Bare Knuckle user/dealer.

The level at which they put both the PHRs and the BHII s to shame is staggering in my opinion. I'm sure a lot of you won't agree, after all I tend to like the pickups in the Horus over the Dellinger/Angelus and I know that flies against popular perception. I feel like the new pickups in the MC series are a good hybrid between the two. It has the high output like the PHR, but with much more character, tightness, clarity, and frankly... tone. I love it!

I just felt I had to share this.I gave the Dellinger MC Aluminum a run through @ rehearsal and I could not believe how good it sounds. The Horus HGS Oiled Walnut as always sounded amazing too (and the maple board felt GREAT). I really love the guitar so much I'm actually considering keeping it for myself and not putting it up for sale like the rest.

I know it was impossible to tell how they sounded @ NAMM since they only had some little mini amp that sounded like ass, but I implore you guys to check the MC series out sometime. They sound incredible. Granted, regular Dellingers sound great too and you can always swap the pickups for BKPs, DiMarzios, whatever if you're not happy with the stockers, but I love how these sound stock \m/

The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

Those new MF necks are hot!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
    Those new MF necks are hot!
    Indeed, they play even better than they look. So freakin' smooth and a great profile. After now having sold a couple Horus HGS Oiled Walnuts, I honestly can say they are my favorite Caparisons in terms of both feel and tone... although I love the Dellinger MC and Angelus HGS too.

It's cool they're coming out with Dellinger's with oiled walnut bodies too \m/ I have a couple of those on order, may have to snag one for myself.

Thanks for posting the cool picks Nick. I really love that TAT Special. It's close to the guitar I described in the Dream Caparison thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jestreme View Post
    Thanks for posting the cool picks Nick. I really love that TAT Special. It's close to the guitar I described in the Dream Caparison thread.
    NP dude, glad you enjoyed the pics

Quote Originally Posted by The Axe Palace View Post

Mine come Friday

I'd be broke if I owed a shop because I'd just keep all three. What's the neck profile like on the TAT special? Similar to the normal TAT models? Any trouble with that crazy heel?
    Pro White Dellinger II
    Pro Black Dellinger MJR
    Engl Powerball Mesa 4x12
    Sennheiser Wireless

Damn Nick that is quite a trio you picked up there. Keep that maple boarded Horus. You know you want to. As for the pickups you always like them at first. Then eventually you come to your senses and throw in some BKP's

I'LL BUY WHATEVER!!! Those look awesome!