Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NAMM Guitars & Pickup Observations

Quote Originally Posted by willith View Post
    Mine come Friday
    Looking forward to delivering it to you man \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnir View Post
    I'd be broke if I owed a shop because I'd just keep all three. What's the neck profile like on the TAT special? Similar to the normal TAT models? Any trouble with that crazy heel?
    Yeah, I'm tempted to keep almost everything I get in. I always have to talk myself out of it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv03 View Post
    Damn Nick that is quite a trio you picked up there. Keep that maple boarded Horus. You know you want to. As for the pickups you always like them at first. Then eventually you come to your senses and throw in some BKP's
    Yes I do. The Horus HGS-MF is ridiculous. It is very addicting to play, and of course having it come in B is a plus for me since that's how I tune my 6ers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonA View Post
    I'LL BUY WHATEVER!!! Those look awesome!
    Bring it on dude
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

vermillionblood89 Guest
    OK. wat about the Dellinger MC with 2 pickups. i dont really like single coil pickups..

Quote Originally Posted by vermillionblood89 View Post
    OK. wat about the Dellinger MC with 2 pickups. i dont really like single coil pickups..
    What about it exactly? They come either way. I have more on order w/ 2 hums vs HSS.

Of course, you could always just install single-coil sized humbuckers in there like Hot Rails and accomplish the same thing
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

Nick can you give good detail about the TAT Special, I'm think of investing in it because it seems like the perfect Caparison. I haven't heard much about it, other than what budd said.

Quote Originally Posted by Horus24.75 View Post
    Nick can you give good detail about the TAT Special, I'm think of investing in it because it seems like the perfect Caparison. I haven't heard much about it, other than what budd said.
    Well the TAT Special is definitely pretty badass. It has the best features of the Horus and the TAT all rolled into one plus more. 27 frets, 25.5 scale, neck-thru, mahogany body (never cared for the alder in the TATs), ebony board, flame maple top, etc. It's pretty special. It has a great feel, lots of attack and punch but that sweet midrange roar to go with it. It has great sustain and the upper fret access is superb despite the look of the heal.

The only downside to it is, it's very expensive, by far the pricest Caparison to date. They're going to run in the neighborhood of $3500 US, and not many of them will be made.

This particular TAT Special Amber is on hold for another customer until Friday, and is the only one on the market anywhere until they start making a few more come Springtime. However, I did order both another Amber and a Pro.Black flame one if you or anyone else wants to reserve one.

Personally... just because I know how things are, and I know how important value is, I kind of thing the other models like the Dellinger MC and Horus HGS are better values, but if you have the means the TAT Special is definitely sick.

I hope that helps. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. My email and phone # are on my website as well if you ever want to chat \m/

6. man these guitars looks sooo nice!!
    The MC aluminium is definitely tops on my GAS list~~
    The maple board with clock inlays looks absolutely stunning
    But the raised prices on these caps are making things so difficult~~

Quote Originally Posted by CapariJackson View Post
    man these guitars looks sooo nice!!
    The MC aluminium is definitely tops on my GAS list~~
    The maple board with clock inlays looks absolutely stunning
    But the raised prices on these caps are making things so difficult~~
    Yes the raised prices make things difficult for us dealers too, but I'll do the best I can to offer forumites discounts and everything when I can, and sweeten the pot by offering extras and things.

The MC is pretty sweet, I'm still considering keeping this NAMM one.

I really love the look of the TAT special. not so keen on the chicken yellow though. will buy the black one

MichaelG Guest
    Great pictures Nick! I like the expressions on the face of the fella beside Itaru. It must have been nice to have met them.

How many oiled walnut Horii are you going to let slip through your hands before one sticks?

Those guitars are all completely BADASS!

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Axe Palace View Post
    Yes the raised prices make things difficult for us dealers too, but I'll do the best I can to offer forumites discounts and everything when I can, and sweeten the pot by offering extras and things.

The MC is pretty sweet, I'm still considering keeping this NAMM one.
    Cheers to that bro~
    Looks like its time to raise some cash for these axes.