Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45

Thread: NAMM Guitars & Pickup Observations

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    180
    I was wondering more how it sounded, you made the new Dellinger out to be so different, I wanted to know if the new TAT sounded like a $3500 guitar.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    Great pictures Nick! I like the expressions on the face of the fella beside Itaru. It must have been nice to have met them.

    How many oiled walnut Horii are you going to let slip through your hands before one sticks?

    Those guitars are all completely BADASS!
    Thanks Mike! That's a good question dude, I've absolutely loved both the ebony and maple Horus walnuts. I'll definitely be keeping one sooner or later. Did yours come in yet?

    Yeah that's Yugi, a really cool guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildrat666 View Post
    I really love the look of the TAT special. not so keen on the chicken yellow though. will buy the black one
    The Amber one looks better in person, I'll take some pics of shortly. But yeah I ordered a black one too

    Quote Originally Posted by CapariJackson View Post
    Cheers to that bro~
    Looks like its time to raise some cash for these axes.
    Rock on \m/

    Quote Originally Posted by Horus24.75 View Post
    I was wondering more how it sounded, you made the new Dellinger out to be so different, I wanted to know if the new TAT sounded like a $3500 guitar.
    That's sort of an impossible question you know? It's hard to assign an exact dollar value on tone. It's definitely a $3500 guitar in terms of quality, I think it sounds awesome but that's subjective. Since the TAT Special is on reserve for a customer, I haven't played it as much as the other 2. I'll get more familiar with its tonal properties on Friday
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

  3. #23
    MichaelG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Axe Palace View Post
    Thanks Mike! That's a good question dude, I've absolutely loved both the ebony and maple Horus walnuts. I'll definitely be keeping one sooner or later. Did yours come in yet?

    Yeah that's Yugi, a really cool guy.
    Its in Calgary but DHL brokerage/Canada Customs have their paws on it right now. I'm trying to get them to expediate this process as we speak. Maybe there is a gear-head in the customs dept. who is holding it up so that he can play it for a bit.

  4. #24
    Canadian_Shred_God Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    Its in Calgary but DHL brokerage/Canada Customs have their paws on it right now. I'm trying to get them to expediate this process as we speak. Maybe there is a gear-head in the customs dept. who is holding it up so that he can play it for a bit.
    I'm guessing you're Canadian too eh?? Quick question man, why'd you import a Horus when you could have gotten one from Budd who happens to be Caparison in Canada?

    Would you also be able to tell me how much customs cost you? Maybe I should consider buying one from Axe Palace too.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    Its in Calgary but DHL brokerage/Canada Customs have their paws on it right now. I'm trying to get them to expediate this process as we speak. Maybe there is a gear-head in the customs dept. who is holding it up so that he can play it for a bit.
    Ah I see. Yeah they said it would be there in one day, but customs can be customs. Hopefully it will be clear soon! :]

    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_Shred_God View Post
    I'm guessing you're Canadian too eh?? Quick question man, why'd you import a Horus when you could have gotten one from Budd who happens to be Caparison in Canada?

    Would you also be able to tell me how much customs cost you? Maybe I should consider buying one from Axe Palace too.
    He bought a Dellinger Trans.Dark.Rose that I had on eBay, and from there we started chatting on the phone for a while, buddying up, etc. Then he decided to pick up the Horus HGS Oiled Walnut I had in stock as well, along with some Bare Knuckles so I hooked him up!

    Caparison stock is not easy to come by, very few pieces are made and not every month. So while I usually point Canadian customers to Budd, if someone wants something I have in stock, you can't say no I'm usually willing to help out and give a discount so they can save a little coin. Customs would be less if I shipped it USPS instead of DHL, but he requested DHL. He'll let you know how much it ended up costing I'm sure!

    But yeah, generally all things being equal I'd assume Canadians would end up paying less if purchased from The Buddman, but as I'm sure he'll agree... if you have stuff in stock and someone wants it, if we want to survive you have to do what it takes to make customers happy and put guitars in people's hands
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

  6. #26
    27fretshred is offline Senior Member - Site Supporter Half way to being a Forum Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by The Axe Palace View Post
    Caparison stock is not easy to come by, very few pieces are made and not every month. So while I usually point Canadian customers to Budd, if someone wants something I have in stock, you can't say no I'm usually willing to help out and give a discount so they can save a little coin. Customs would be less if I shipped it USPS instead of DHL, but he requested DHL. He'll let you know how much it ended up costing I'm sure!

    But yeah, generally all things being equal I'd assume Canadians would end up paying less if purchased from The Buddman, but as I'm sure he'll agree... if you have stuff in stock and someone wants it, if we want to survive you have to do what it takes to make customers happy and put guitars in people's hands
    I thought Caparison makes about 30-40 guitars EACH month?
    I got 3 more frets than you

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by 27fretshred View Post
    I thought Caparison makes about 30-40 guitars EACH month?
    They've ramped down production considerably. Because of the economy there aren't a ton of dealers buying stock. Why else was I the only dealer who actually purchased a few of the one-of-a-kind NAMM guitars? They did not want to bring those back to Japan and were offering them at good prices. You'd think dealers would jump at that opportunity but its tough times.

    I can afford to order a bunch (and I'd venture to guess Budd is in a similar situation) because Caparison is one of, if not the primary brands I'm focusing on right now. Other dealers who carry 20 brands and carry Caparison as an afterthought, probably have bigger worries right now.

    Another thing I don't think I relayed properly before is: it's not just the low production, it's the fact that a good deal of the guitars they DO produce are snatched up well in advance w/ preorders and things. A lot of what they decide to make is based on what dealers are ordering, so if they aren't getting a bunch of orders for certain models they'll make less of them. Like, they probably don't anticipate a ton of people buying the expensive TAT Special, so they won't be making many unless they are requested by dealers such as myself. I know the MJRs will be very limited as well.

    So, while these are tough times for the global economy, the good news is the guitars only get better and better, each and every piece I've received in recent months has been absolutely flawless. With even less production than before, I can only imagine the attention to detail and quality will only improve. Also, there's sort of a cool factor about having a very limited hard-to-find guitar you know? It's not your average Ibanez RG1570 or ESP.
    Last edited by The Axe Palace; 30-01-2009 at 03:59 AM.
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ont - CANADA
    Posts
    2,346
    Actually I *was* going to buy all the new floor models from the NAMM show, but since I was only at the show for one day I didn't think it would be fair for me to take all the new models with me before the 2nd day of the show started. None the less, I walked out with something better so I'm happy.

    Nick's right about the production being scaled back though. Caparison definitely won't be making as many guitars now as they did before.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    Actually I *was* going to buy all the new floor models from the NAMM show, but since I was only at the show for one day I didn't think it would be fair for me to take all the new models with me before the 2nd day of the show started. None the less, I walked out with something better so I'm happy.

    Nick's right about the production being scaled back though. Caparison definitely won't be making as many guitars now as they did before.
    Yeah, I was referring to other US dealers not really you. I'm just was surprised when on Sunday Itaru said no one else bought anything. I was tempted to buy more than 3 but I wanted to play it safe since I have so many on order already.

    It's absolutely madness you only came for one day dude. I'm sure you're busy, but man, southern California is absolutely beautiful and it would have been fun to check out all the cool amps, guitars, and other stuff the show had to offer. Next year maybe?
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ont - CANADA
    Posts
    2,346
    Quote Originally Posted by The Axe Palace View Post
    It's absolutely madness you only came for one day dude. I'm sure you're busy, but man, southern California is absolutely beautiful and it would have been fun to check out all the cool amps, guitars, and other stuff the show had to offer. Next year maybe?
    Absolute madness?? Kinda. The airline I work for on the side here in Canada used to fly to LA directly from Toronto but we stopped that route to concentrate on flying to the caribbean. If we still did our routes there I could have stayed for at least 2-3 days, but instead I lost a day hanging out in Calgary for a connecting flight. Stupidly enough I flew back to Toronto only to fly back to Calgary again two days after I came back to Toronto to work things out in my potential new Calgary office.

    Next year I'll definitely try to stick around for longer if not at least for the friday night or saturday night parties. I've been doing these shows for close to 10 years and this year I finally get a bunch of VIP passes to the parties and I can't stay for them. Go figure.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •