Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BEHOLD: The Sickest Caparison... Ever! (NAMM '09 Score)

Cool BEHOLD: The Sickest Caparison... Ever! (NAMM '09 Score)

Just when I thought nothing could top the Dellinger MC Aluminum I bought for myself, this came along to rock my world. This guitar is so absurd in every way imaginable I'm considering doing whatever it takes to score one of these as well (this was sold to another forum member).

For the record this is a one of a kind "TAT Special Amber" I picked up @ NAMM last week. Again, not for sale (I do have the NAMM Horus HGS-MF Walnut however...)

Enough babble, enjoy!

More pics can be found here.
    Last edited by The Axe Palace; 31-01-2009 at 09:22 AM.
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

looks super. I prefer the black thought. dow does it play??? is is a similar neck to the ord.TAT????
    how does is sound compared to the TAT?

3. man this guitar looks stunning, nice pix btw. Its gonna be a tough choice between the amber and the trans black. Very curious on the tonal variations you can get with the 4 way rotary switch~~

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by wildrat666 View Post
    looks super. I prefer the black thought. dow does it play??? is is a similar neck to the ord.TAT????
    how does is sound compared to the TAT?
    The black is nice but I think this is much more unique and stands out more.

It plays amazing. The neck feels wonderful, the fretwork is flawless as usual, the upper-fret access is seamless, it's just really superb. I am in love with it, as is my customer.

Tonally this thing SMOKES regular TATs. It's not even close and I have A/B'd them. I've sold a bunch of regular TATs and while they're nice, tonally they don't stand up in my opinion to this one (or some of other models too). The mahogany body w/ maple top versus alder is much much better. You still get plenty of bite, definition and aggression, but it's just so much warmer, growlier, resonant, more 3D sounding.

It was genius to use this wood combination, as alder/maple/ebony is very bright and can sound thin in comparison, even with good pickups. I also suspect the way the neck meets the body was purposeful in the design; to enhance tone and sustain.

Talk is cheap, and I know almost no one will ever get to try one of these before before buying it, but it is absolutely phenominal. I still like the newly designed pickups in the Dellinger MC series better, but this definitely sounds better than any other PHR-loaded Caparison I've ever heard... FWIW.
    The Axe Palace: Proud Caparison USA Dealer - WWW.AXEPALACE.COM (Now On Facebook too!)

I liked the Trans Black one better myself as well. The 4-way toggle switch to change the middle tone functions is definitely cool (idea borrowed from the Angelus22).

When I tested it briefly at NAMM the unfinished necks on them are definitely a lot better than the painted necks on the TAT's. I'd be all over it if it didn't have that ugly racing stripe look to it. (it just bothers me, I'm weird.)
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    I'd be all over it if it didn't have that ugly racing stripe look to it. (it just bothers me, I'm weird.)

I agree, full maple cap would have made it way better.
    THE ABSENCE "Enemy Unbound" Spring 2010
    THE ABSENCE "Riders Of The Plague" In stores world-wide!
    THE ABSENCE "From Your Grave" In stores world-wide!

http://www.theabsence.com
    http://www.metalblade.com

I'm definitely getting a trans black one. I have to...

Same here, that stripe is a bit ugly. Still a very nice guitar though. Now like every other kick ass Caparison they need to make one with a maple neck.
    Pro White Dellinger II
    Pro Black Dellinger MJR
    Engl Powerball Mesa 4x12
    Sennheiser Wireless

I think it looks perfect, as classy of a guitar I've ever seen. I look forward to getting in the Trans.Black one in too though \m/

I think it would look pretty sick in a trans red.