Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting a new guitar (non typical)

Getting a new guitar (non typical)

Well I just got GAS and had to order something that is much different that what I normally would play. It is an Agile AL-2500 "Albino". Just something about a maple boarded LP that appeals to me. It was only like $280 and they are supposedly great quality. Shortly after getting it I will throw a set of BKP Holy Divers in it and upgrade the wiring, pots and out put jack. For all you guys who think I have lost my marbles I also have a guitar that is typical for me on the way as well Here are a few pics of an Agile like the one I ordered.

To be fair lol, it looks really good, ive not heared of the brand, but im loving the maple board with the black inlay, and the darker drain on the back contrasting with the top, and the necks a slightly different colour aswell, and the matt black hardware is wicked fair play, good buy mate :], it looks like itl sound pretty amazing to, especially when you get those Bare knuckles in there.

Looking good! BKP's can make anything sound awesome

For you guys that have not heard of Agile they are quite big on ss.org as they have been making some great 7 strings for great prices for years and even made a custom 8 string modeled after what SS.org wanted which most that have said blows the Ibanez 8 out of the water for a fraction of the cost. Their quality and service is supposed to be absurdly good for the prices. I have seen their high end LP copies compared very favorably to the real deal. This model is a couple of notches off their top end LP (which is still only like $399), but I have read some great reviews.

Congrats on the new guitar man!

The Agiles are great guitars. Most guys probably have never heard of it as it's actually a house brand for rondo music. I believe they're made in Korea by Samick and they're great value guitars. I've worked on a few of them here at my shop (pretty much everyone that bought one spends time at ss.org). While they're not quite as good as Edwards or Tokai, they're also like half the cost which makes them super great value guitars.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Thats a hot guitar. Maple board is nuts!!

Thanks guys. It is definately unique and IMO a MUCH better deal and better looking than the Epi Zakk Wylde sig with the maple board. Probably better quality too for like $500 less. Should slay with BKP's in it. It will be my 4th BKP'ed guitar. Does that make me the official Caparison Forum BKP whore?

I haven't had the chance to play one of these yet, but I've heard great things about these guitars. Actually, I think a guitarist I know in a local band just sold his Dean RB's to get Agiles because he said they play so well.

Congrats on the new guitar. I'd like to hear a review of what you think of it once you get a chance to play it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowv03 View Post
    Thanks guys. It is definately unique and IMO a MUCH better deal and better looking than the Epi Zakk Wylde sig with the maple board. Probably better quality too for like $500 less. Should slay with BKP's in it. It will be my 4th BKP'ed guitar. Does that make me the official Caparison Forum BKP whore?
    It is very unique tbh, oh god i hate the ZW sigs, the maple board on a camo bullseye is a crime tbh, yea it probably is, my mate has that epi zw sig and it plays like shit, the fret buzz on them is immense. haha indeed, holy divers you said right? Thats good ol British engineering for you! *Proud*

vermillionblood89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowv03 View Post

try removing the black pickguard... the pickup guard make me shrug.. (no offense to ur guitar.. i like the wonderful low action n maple fretboard though...