Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caparison+Brass trem block+ESP Arming Adjuster = WOW!!

Thumbs up Caparison+Brass trem block+ESP Arming Adjuster = WOW!!

As you guys already know, I've been pushing the ESP Arming Adjuster for a while and have always been wondering what else can I to do a guitar to improve the overall tone. So after a lot of research and discussions with various suppliers, I recently became the Canadian dealer for those brass trem blocks for the Floyd Rose trem that you see at FloydUpgrades.com and seeing that I just got my first shipment of blocks today, I decided to do a quick test to see how they well they work.

I tested the trem block by itself and with an ESP Arming Adjuster in two guitars, an Ibanez RG8670 and a Caparison Horus. Both guitars already had the ESP Arming Adjuster installed so I could get an idea of how it sounded with just the Arming Adjuster but tests were done with the guitars by themselves (nothing installed), just the ESP Arming Adjuster, just the big brass block and then finally both the brass trem block and the ESP Arming Adjuster.

Rather than go into boring details here's a quick review:

With the brass block alone: Tonally, both guitars seemed to get some of the highs tamed a bit but I got a good boost in the lower mids. The sustain seemed to have improved a bit as well. Acoustically it was a bit louder. The guitar was a good amoutn heavier in terms of weight because of the increased mass in the block, but it wasn't back breaking. Overall it seemed to take away some of the bite but give it more growl.

With just the ESP Arming Adjuster and original block: A large increase in sustain and resonance. Tonally still about the same with a good boost in the overall tone with the lows and mids boosted a good amount as well as the highs but not as much as the lows and mids. Acoustically a lot louder than stock and also louder than the Brass block alone (I kinda expected this).

With BOTH the brass block and the ESP Arming Adjuster: The guitars just sounded HUGE. Going from stock to the brass block sounded great but when I added the ESP Arming Adjuster into the equation the guitars seriously came alive. The notes and chords just sound huge acoustically. I love this upgrade combo soo much that half of my stock that I got in is already gone because it's all goinh into my own guitars!!!

Honestly though, I may be a bit spoiled having used the ESP Arming Adjuster in everything for so long, everything kinda sounds/feels kinda dead without one for me. The brass block by itself is great but it REALLY shines when you get the ESP Arming Adjuster with it.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Holy crap man that sounds pretty insane :o
    well i can see me Ordering 2 Brass blocks and 2 arming adjusters in the future haha
    Thanks for the review Budd that serously sounds awesome, and i hope you enjoy all of your damned fancy upgraded guitars lol! .
    Got any sound clips or anything on it btw man? :], maybe a youtube video?
    havent seen a Budd Video since the Dellinger Mahogany Gloss :P
    Thanks again dude!

Guitars:
    Caparison Horus HGS Oiled Walnut w/ BKP Aftermath + Sinner[BRL Custom]
    *Coming Soon*
    Daemoness Cimmerian 7
    ESP Alexi 600 /w Bareknuckle Warpig
    Gibson Gothic 2 Explorer With EMG 81+85 18volt
    Amps:
    ENGL Invader 100
    Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (V30 loaded)
    Pedals:
    Keeley 4 knob compressor
    Maxon OD-808
    MXR Smart Gate
    Digitech RV-7
    Boss RC-2
    Boss TU-3

Sounds awesome, perhaps I'll have you throw one in my TAT when it gets to you, I was already thinking about having the esp aa installed. What's the pricing on these Budd?
    Pro White Dellinger II
    Pro Black Dellinger MJR
    Engl Powerball Mesa 4x12
    Sennheiser Wireless

RG8670?? You managed to get some blocks for the Edge Pro??

I looked at those blocks, like around 250USD. Not bad, but I have other things I need to buy now :-(
    I wonder which Horus he was testing that already has the ESP AA. I must say, that was a good review and got me really interested in the possibilities added by this device.
    At least for now, the block is in the dream category along with the squiggly frets and the Evergrey Horus 7 lol

$250? Seriously? Wow, I have no problem spending loot to get the best equipment but if it's that much I'm not sure I'd go for it.
    Pro White Dellinger II
    Pro Black Dellinger MJR
    Engl Powerball Mesa 4x12
    Sennheiser Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by MarineWeston View Post
    I looked at those blocks, like around 250USD. Not bad, but I have other things I need to buy now :-(
    I wonder which Horus he was testing that already has the ESP AA. I must say, that was a good review and got me really interested in the possibilities added by this device.
    At least for now, the block is in the dream category along with the squiggly frets and the Evergrey Horus 7 lol
    Hmm I just Checked Ebay Just now, the Brass trem blocks on there aree going for about $40 each :O
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MASSIVE-SUSTAIN-...3A1%7C294%3A50

4 Available! :P

hmm it does seem like areally good Idea mind, Ill have to get my Alexi and Horus HGS Kitted out with some of these blocks and ESP AAs when my spending has become more 'Stable' ><
    Last edited by Khaine88; 19-03-2009 at 09:54 AM.

Guitars:
    *Coming Soon*
    Daemoness Cimmerian 7
    Amps:
    ENGL Invader 100
    Pedals:
    Keeley 4 knob compressor
    Maxon OD-808
    MXR Smart Gate
    Digitech RV-7
    Boss RC-2
    Boss TU-3

Thumbs up

Hey Budd, does the added width of the block take away from the up/down range of the tremolo? Also, have you had any experience with a titanium block? If so, how do they compare?

Quote Originally Posted by pieceofdisaster View Post
    Hey Budd, does the added width of the block take away from the up/down range of the tremolo? Also, have you had any experience with a titanium block? If so, how do they compare?
    Jesus just checked them out, those Titanium ones dont come cheap, $250+ Each, Ive been reading and all Ive found on them sofar is that they reduce the weight of the guitars, But id imagine It would give some change to the tone aswell :].

Quote from the Ebay Page
    'THE FORWARD FACE OF THE BLOCK RESTS ON THE INSIDE FACE OF THE GUITAR CAVITY TRANSFERRING VIBRATION DIRECTLY INTO THE GUITAR BODY. YOU CAN FEEL THE INCREASED RESONANCE OF THE GUITAR UNPLUGGED. tHIS BLOCK ELIMINATES THE UPWARD MOVEMENT OF THE WHAMMY BAR BECAUSE THE SPRINGS HOLD IT TIGHT AGAINST THE CAVITY, BUT YOU STILL HAVE THE RANGE OF MOTION ON THE DOWN STROKE OF THE BAR'

So All it takes away is the upward movement of your Floyd, But i suppose its worth it for the Tone and sustain that you gain from it, especially seen as some people never even touch their Whammy bars.

Oh And Welcome to the Forum aswell Dude ^^!
    Last edited by Khaine88; 19-03-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added a Quote :]

Guitars:
    *Coming Soon*
    Daemoness Cimmerian 7
    Amps:
    ENGL Invader 100
    Pedals:
    Keeley 4 knob compressor
    Maxon OD-808
    MXR Smart Gate
    Digitech RV-7
    Boss RC-2
    Boss TU-3

Ohh, I guess I misread the sight. I thought they all were like 250, I didn't take into account the difference in metals.
    I'm sure it is worth it though. I have looked at these things online, but I always thought they wouldn't do alot. It looks too simple to make a huge difference, but now I have to rethink my assumptions. They sound pretty killer now!