Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is this? Trem problem?

What is this? Trem problem?

Some may remember i made a thread a while ago about my bottom string's fine tuner slipping, well i still haven't resolved the problem and my TAT has been out of action for quite a while now (especially now that i cracked a string block -_-) but i have just noticed this metal bar type thing isn't flush against the bottom of the fine tuners like the rest are, here is a picture:

Is this a serious problem? If so, can it be repaired?

I seem to have a lot of trouble with the schaller floyd First the fine tuner goes loose as a goose, then the block cracks, now I find this. D:

I have yet to see that, man that sucks! Sorry! I wish I could help, I'm sure someone here can.

I'm no expert with this type of thing but I would remove the hex "clamp" that secures the string into the bridge and then bend that metal piece back in to place.
    Caparison Dellinger, Caparison TAT II Dark Night, Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson Explorer, Ibanez RG20063, Ibanez J Custom RRG3-KB, Ibanez J Custom RRG5-WS, ESP Horizon NT-7, BRJ Hesperian 727 (on order!), Fender AVRI '52 Tele, Fender '97 American Standard Strat, Schecter C-1 Classic, Gil Carnal Classical, Esteve Classical...

Framus Cobra, ENGL Blackmore, ENGL Pro Cabs (x2), Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Special

That tension strip explains why your fine tuner is loose. Bending it back up will fix your loose fine tuner.

There are a lot of reasons why this happens but luckily its an easy fix.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

cheers guys, i'll give it a go and tell you the results.

Let me know how it goes. Worse comes to worse just send me the metal plate.

I managed to bend the bar back in to place fine but the fine tuner screw still seems as loose as ever, i can litterally turn it by just placing my skin against it

Yeah you need a new one of those metal dealy's that give the fine tuners negative tension. Try allparts maybe?
    Pro White Dellinger II
    Pro Black Dellinger MJR
    Engl Powerball Mesa 4x12
    Sennheiser Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by Vzael View Post
    I managed to bend the bar back in to place fine but the fine tuner screw still seems as loose as ever, i can litterally turn it by just placing my skin against it
    You need to over bend it so that it places constant pressure against the fine tuner. Or you could just get a new plate, but I'm a cheap DIY tech so I would rebend it.

Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    You need to over bend it so that it places constant pressure against the fine tuner. Or you could just get a new plate, but I'm a cheap DIY tech so I would rebend it.
    I don't really see how this would help my loose fine tuner? My string keeps going flat and this is putting pressure on the underside (as in loosening it) or am i missing something?