Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gotoh Trem?

  1. #1

    Gotoh Trem?

    Would a gotoh trem fit right into a TAT or Horus to replace a schaller?

  2. #2
    SJLee Guest
    I don't see why not

  3. Yeah...

    Quote Originally Posted by SJLee View Post
    I don't see why not
    Survey says....wrong answer.

    The Schaller has really short locking bolts for the strings. The Gotoh has really long ones, and they will hit the end of the trem cut-out. Having said that, you can order shorter locking bolts for the Gotoh from Stew Mac.

    And yes...that is from personal experience...
    Gear:
    Caparison TAT :evil::evil::evil:
    Hamer Californian Elite
    Amp:
    Peavey XXX w/KT-77s

    Cabinet:
    VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
    Mesa 4x12

    Effects:
    Ibanez "Bodenhamer" TS-9
    MXR EQ
    ISP Decimator

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine-who? View Post
    Survey says....wrong answer.

    The Schaller has really short locking bolts for the strings. The Gotoh has really long ones, and they will hit the end of the trem cut-out. Having said that, you can order shorter locking bolts for the Gotoh from Stew Mac.

    And yes...that is from personal experience...
    thanks a bunch bro!

  5. #5
    http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/hazel...l&CURRENCY=GBP

    Is the "1343" on here the one you mean? It seems to have a slightly different end to the screw.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by Vzael View Post
    http://www.stewmac.com/cgi-bin/hazel...l&CURRENCY=GBP

    Is the "1343" on here the one you mean? It seems to have a slightly different end to the screw.
    Yeah that is the Schaller type part.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by Vzael View Post
    Would a gotoh trem fit right into a TAT or Horus to replace a schaller?
    Apart from the bolt issue, you have no problem with this.

  8. #8
    awesome, thanks everyone ^^ i just bought that snow cloud horus that was floating around on eBay for a while, the gold hardware is peeling on it so i thought I'd replace it and give the Gotoh trem a go while i was at it, just need clarifying that it would work! I've heard such great things about it lol.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Ont - CANADA
    Posts
    2,346
    Congrats on the new guitar You should be able to get away with the Gotoh Floyd but you probably will want the saddle screws that are designed for the FRII.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

  10. #10
    yeah i'll definitely get a set from somewhere, do you sell them budd?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •