Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What cab for a studio?

What cab for a studio?

I'm possibly looking for a new cab for the studio, preferably with speakers other than V60 celestions as i already have a standard engl 4x12 loaded with them, just looking for something a little different just for that little extra choice, any suggestions?

Edit: I play death metal
    Caparison: Horus HGS Gloss White, Horus Crimson EF, Horus Snowcloud, Horus HGS MF, Angelus HGS Midnight Blue.
    Amps: Engl Special Edition E670 6L6, Engl Powerball, Framus Cobra.
    Other: Gibson Les Paul Custom 1981, Parker Fly Deluxe 1998 "Italian Plum", Fender Stratocaster 1990.

bump
    Caparison: Horus HGS Gloss White, Horus Crimson EF, Horus Snowcloud, Horus HGS MF, Angelus HGS Midnight Blue.
    Other: Gibson Les Paul Custom 1981, Parker Fly Deluxe 1998 "Italian Plum", Fender Stratocaster 1990.

Hey Vzael!

I've got the Celestion 70 Eighty's in my Laney cab (older GS412IS), and likes them a lot! Lots of low end growl!
    A lot of people are booing at them, with arguments that it's budget speakers and so on, but I actually prefer them over the Vintage 30's for example - in that cab, with the GH100L amp!

Will try to do the same myself, in my upcoming home studio though. Buying at least one more cab with different speakers, just for the possibilities.

/Christian

mesa and vht cabs are kewl. darkane used the evh cabs on their new album
    RIG
    Engl Fireball 100
    Marshall 4x12
    Boss NS2
    Guitars
    Caparison horus with BKP miracle man
    Ibanez RG1527 with dactivator.

Soon to get:
    im really feeling an angelus M3B or a dellinger 7

Cheers guys, I was actually thinking about a mesa rectifier cab as i already have a dual rec head, a mesa cab would make sense i guess.. but if there are better out there then having another matching stack isn't really a great priority.

Ever check out an Isolation Cab? They work great in small/home studios, but if you have access to a studio where you can crank everything up and not worry about it then I don't see why the Rectifier Cab wouldn't work for you. I find that the oversized 2x12's sound a bit better than the 4x12's in terms of how tight the low end is. I stole that idea from Andy Timmons and I doubt he's wrong also.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

I have a soundproofed 3room building as a studio on my parents land so cranking it isn't a problem!

Mesa traditional rectifier cabinet.
    ESP LTD EC-1000
    PRS Custom 24
    Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat.
    Caparison Dellinger II FX HGS
    Mesa Boogie Roadster Head
    Mesa Traditional 412
    Maxon OD-808
    ISP Decimator
    MXR Carbon Copy

Quote Originally Posted by FLgearnut View Post
    ....its like his fingers are possessed by some tonedeaf shred demon...

Quote Originally Posted by Vzael View Post
    Cheers guys, I was actually thinking about a mesa rectifier cab as i already have a dual rec head, a mesa cab would make sense i guess.. but if there are better out there then having another matching stack isn't really a great priority.
    If you get a mesa cab don't go oversized.
    I've been there and done that, the traditional cabinets are better. Tighter, more mid focused, but can still take any low end you give it.
    Oversized is the exact opposite of that
    ESP LTD EC-1000
    PRS Custom 24
    Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat.
    Caparison Dellinger II FX HGS
    Mesa Boogie Roadster Head
    Mesa Traditional 412
    Maxon OD-808
    ISP Decimator
    MXR Carbon Copy

Quote Originally Posted by FLgearnut View Post
    ....its like his fingers are possessed by some tonedeaf shred demon...

VHT Fat Bottom 4X12 you won't regret it. They have Custom Eminence P50e speakers in it.
    Caparison Dellinger MC Aluminum(w/ Dimarzio Air Norton S in neck)
    Ibanez S7420(w/Blackouts)
    VHT SIGx
    VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
    Maxon OD-9 Pro Plus
    ISP Decimator