Thread: Whatever happened to the Dellinger MC Aluminum?

eye4aneye Guest

Question Whatever happened to the Dellinger MC Aluminum?

I read somewhere prolly here that the Dellinger MC Aluminum was discontinued but there's no mention of it anywhere on the official site. Is it true?

Yes it's true. Caparison pretty much never updates their site.

Yeah it is true. I think they had to send it to a different company to make that finish and Itaru had problems with them. Something like that.
    I'm glad that they cut that plain jane thing instead of the better looking Caps. I also recall something about the finish flaking off. Not sure but Budd posted a detailed thread about it.

Real shame IMO I really liked this finish and im sure i'll like it even more when I get mine

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzmorphus View Post
    Real shame IMO I really liked this finish and im sure i'll like it even more when I get mine
    spoken like a true Cap addict hehehe

It's completely true that the Dellinger MC Aluminum has been discontinued. I got the notice from Itaru a month ago around mid June. The website has not been updated what so ever but it's probably because Itaru hasn't had the time to do so.

As for the reason why it was discontinued MarineWeston is pretty accurate about it all. The Aluminum finish and the Titanium finish are both done at a different painting facility. The aluminum finish actually had to be plated onto the guitar and it just didn't hold up too well. The finish would flake of due to poor adhesion. The few that are out there right now from the first batch of guitars had to get a layer of clear on them to prevent them from flaking.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask