Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview: CJ Grimmark

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonyZ View Post
    CJ you just got yourself a new fan!!!

I'm also waiting for a Chris Amott or Michael Romeo interview. Any chances of that happening any time?
    Been trying. I need to get myself some form of a direct channel to interview these guys. Been waiting for answers from Mattias Eklundh, Olof Morck, Andy La Rocque, Nils Norberg and Henrik Denhage for a while. Have never been able to get in contact with Chris Amott or Michael Romeo. If anyone has any direct connections and want to help out just let me know.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

CJ Grimmark is a really nice guy and have helped me lots of times. thanks for the interview!!!!
    Horus Hgs custom, TAT Bloodstorm custom, Dellinger trans.rose (mnemic)Dellinger pro black, TAT frozn sky,TAT black sparkle,Dellinger custom black

other guitars: mayones, gretsch country club, ibanez univers uvbk 97, Ibanez jem fp

Demon_Child Guest
    Kickass interview man!! I always loved CJ's work with Rob Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    Been trying. I need to get myself some form of a direct channel to interview these guys. Been waiting for answers from Mattias Eklundh, Olof Morck, Andy La Rocque, Nils Norberg and Henrik Denhage for a while. Have never been able to get in contact with Chris Amott or Michael Romeo. If anyone has any direct connections and want to help out just let me know.
    ooo boy... Andy La Rocque... my guitar hero.
    i pray for it budd.

Quote Originally Posted by SJLee View Post
    Nicely done Budd!! Keep the interviews coming!!

CJ's tone on that video is awesome! Is that the Lundgren M6 I'm hearing?
    THANKS!!!
    Yes, it's my slightly odd combo of M6 Neck in both position.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Grimmark View Post
    THANKS!!!
    Yes, it's my slightly odd combo of M6 Neck in both position.
    The M6 neck pickup in both positions?? That's definitely odd. Why'd you go with the neck version in the bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    The M6 neck pickup in both positions?? That's definitely odd. Why'd you go with the neck version in the bridge?
    I just thought the neck version sounded a bit more "open", which I liked.
    So I had to adjust the height of the pickups to match their levels. But, I like to have a pretty strong PU in the N-position anyaways, so the balance wasn't really a big deal. Does that make sense?
    CJ

Makes sense, I'm using the tone zone in the bridge of one guitar and the neck of the other and it sounds good in both. Unless they make a different version for neck/bridge? Budd you can probably inform me on that one.
    Pro White Dellinger II
    Pro Black Dellinger MJR
    Engl Powerball Mesa 4x12
    Sennheiser Wireless

You mean the Tone Zone? It's the same pickup, DiMarzio doesn't make a neck version unless specified like the Evo Neck or Breed Neck models. The Air Norton that so many shred guys love in the neck is actually a bridge pickup that happened to work extremely well in the neck.

Typically when companies make a 'neck' version of a pickup, it's usually the same as the bridge model that's just underwound a bit to cut back on the output but it also adds a bit to the top end as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Grimmark View Post
    I just thought the neck version sounded a bit more "open", which I liked.
    So I had to adjust the height of the pickups to match their levels. But, I like to have a pretty strong PU in the N-position anyaways, so the balance wasn't really a big deal. Does that make sense?
    CJ
    Sure does. I actually never thought about using an M6 neck in the bridge position. I should check it out sometime.