Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Horus fretboard replacement

Awsome work as per man

How do you measure the fret slots? Fret calculator. The 12 tone tempered scale is just an even division from some number. How much experience do I have in making fretboards.. some... I learned to do it from Neal Moser (Moser Custom Shop), who has been doing this for YEARS at BC Rich. Although I may just end up hiring someone who has more building experience to do it. I'm more of a tech than anything (actually replacing a fretboard is just a complete PITA). Or I may just strike up a working agreement with Neal and see if he's willing to do these jobs on the side for me.

What were you thinking of getting done? I'd have to really work out the complete costs for everything, but you're looking at about $500 to get it done since it also requires a complete refret as well.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Budd, that is totally friggin' awesome!!! Can you do ebony as well?

I don't see why not.

how about neck binding budd? can you do that?
    Caparison: Horus HGS Gloss White, Horus Crimson EF, Horus Snowcloud, Horus HGS MF, Angelus HGS Midnight Blue.
    Amps: Engl Special Edition E670 6L6, Engl Powerball, Framus Cobra.
    Other: Gibson Les Paul Custom 1981, Parker Fly Deluxe 1998 "Italian Plum", Fender Stratocaster 1990.

27fretshred is offline Senior Member - Site Supporter Half way to being a Forum Pro
    I don't know about you man, but putting a bound fingerboard on a standard horus just looks a little weird, especially since the headstock isn't bound.
    I got 3 more frets than you

I didn't say i was looking for a standard horus to get its neck bound Budd said the service was available and im still craving a gloss white horus hgs with a blank ebony fretboard and gold hardware
    Caparison: Horus HGS Gloss White, Horus Crimson EF, Horus Snowcloud, Horus HGS MF, Angelus HGS Midnight Blue.
    Other: Gibson Les Paul Custom 1981, Parker Fly Deluxe 1998 "Italian Plum", Fender Stratocaster 1990.

Quote Originally Posted by Vzael View Post
    I didn't say i was looking for a standard horus to get its neck bound Budd said the service was available and im still craving a gloss white horus hgs with a blank ebony fretboard and gold hardware
    That can be done, but it's going to be VERY expensive and I mean VERY expensive.

The more I check out this thread the more dirty thoughts I have in my mind. A Black Night or a Yellow Sand with that neck would be nut busting!

Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    That can be done, but it's going to be VERY expensive and I mean VERY expensive.
    A rough estimate? Because i was actually looking at asking for a new horus for christmas from my parents so i can get it refinished and stuff, but i was also thinking that if i was going to go all the way and get one aftermarket customized just for myself, perhaps it would be worth getting one with a true temperament fretboard, which is like $1000 alone.