Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caparison PLM-1 @ BRL Guitarworks

Talking Caparison PLM-1 @ BRL Guitarworks

Hey guys,

I just got this thing in today and just had to share pics of it. It's definitely an oldie but it's not one you see all too often. It's fresh out of the box and has yet to be setup or even cleaned up, so please excuse any finger prints or dirt you see and here are the pics!

Caparison PLM-1 (The finish is the Emerald Green Sunburst, Itaru should have just called it an emerald Greenburst)

Pickups (originally supposed to be the Caparison BH-R/BH-F but the previous owner swapped them for EMGs)

Natural Binding
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

The back (the link you see that looks like a big ass scar on the back is actualy just a light reflection)

Another shot of the top.

Aah, so you got it Budd! Congratulations! Was seconds from buying this exact guitar, but some unexpected costs for some broken car-parts made me not. I know for sure you did get a great deal though! The price was insane (in a good way)

Hendricks Guest
    NICE SCORE!!! Where'd you get it from??

Quote Originally Posted by Grolli View Post
    Aah, so you got it Budd! Congratulations! Was seconds from buying this exact guitar, but some unexpected costs for some broken car-parts made me not. I know for sure you did get a great deal though! The price was insane (in a good way)
    Hi Grolli,

I actually bought this off a private sale through a friend of mine. Is there another one for sale somewhere???
    (A lot of new toys this week, first my custom maple boarded Horus, then an Ibanez Texaes Prestige RG PR-1 yesterday and this thing today! )

Quote Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
    Hi Grolli,

I actually bought this off a private sale through a friend of mine. Is there another one for sale somewhere???
    Seeing that it has the exact same wear on the bridge and the knob as the one I was about to buy, I'm fairly sure it is the same one. Did find it by mistake on Harmony Central's forum.

It must be the same, no? Anyway, it looks even better in your pics! Mega congrats! You're getting some nice Caps into the collection nowadays
    Last edited by buddroyce; 28-10-2009 at 01:45 AM.

Yeah I think it might be the same one. Kind of a small world. The second I got the guitar out of the box I recognized where the previous owner got it from. It was actually the same one I was going to buy from Ishibashi's u-box a while ago. The weird brown duct tape that was still on the guitar case was a dead give a way.

I'll probably end up restoring the guitar a bit though. Get rid of the EMGs and toss in a set of the PH pickups

It sure is Budd! A nice guitar anyway, and I'm sure it'll be even more great with some restoring and updating! Make sure to post more pics by then

Quote Originally Posted by Grolli View Post
    It sure is Budd! A nice guitar anyway, and I'm sure it'll be even more great with some restoring and updating! Make sure to post more pics by then
    I definitely will. Especially after some serious cleaning and polishing.

27fretshred is offline Senior Member - Site Supporter Half way to being a Forum Pro
    That's awesome!! I always hoped someone would take some better pics of this model.
    I got 3 more frets than you