Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Caparison PLM-1 @ BRL Guitarworks

Hey Budd, congrats on your new axe! It's stunning beautiful!! I bet that guitar must sustain for days!!

I agree with you that EMG's are not the best choice for it. At least I think that active pickups steels lots of dynamics. Don't forget to post some new pictures right after the setup and cleaning process. A video would also be great since it's a rare model!
    flat5 guitarworks
    www.flat5guitarworks.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/eduardosantosphoto/

Quote Originally Posted by LeadPS View Post
    Is this up for sale, or is it for personal usage mate? (:
    It WAS supposed to be for me, but I just got 3 guitars in for myself but I actually don't buy guitars to play. I actually enjoy taking beaters and blessing them with god-like playability by thoroughly refining them. So yeah, it's probably up for sale once it's fixed up.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

Quote Originally Posted by Chelseadevil21 View Post
    is it possible to replace the tailpiece with a standard gotoh tailpiece like on the HGS version?
    You should be able to, but I actually like this tail piece with the fine tuners.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgray View Post
    I was also stalking this one on harmony central, but the owner told me that Budd Royce was buying it
    Believe it or not, I wasn't even aware that it was up for sale anywhere else. A friend of mine contacted me saying that he knew someone that was selling a PLM-1 and asked if I was interested. My reputation must be getting somewhere since the seller actually shipped the guitar two days before I was able to pay for it via paypal (had some paypal issues). I don't think I've ever seen anyone trust me out of the blue like that.

Trond Guest
    I suppose I'm not the only one here that might be interested in this guitar :-) Please let me know when it's up for sale.

MichaelG Guest
    Well folks, I am happy to say that this beautiful PLM-1 has been put on hold for a Caparison forumite. And yes, that would be me.

I've been stalking the PLM-1 for a while now and just gassing in general for an Angelus. I was talking to Budd about this on the phone a little while back, asking about the Angelus HGS Pro but really pining for a PLM-1. And then BOOM, 2 days later maybe, out of the blue this grungy old PLM-1 appears.

I really love the maple top and the masked natural binding on the body, as well as the fretboard binding. So now I get an Angelus in the perfect configuration for me AND the awesome BRL premium package. Pickups will either be the MotorCityPickups Warcry or the WCR icebucker.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    I've been stalking the PLM-1 for a while now and just gassing in general for an Angelus. I was talking to Budd about this on the phone a little while back, asking about the Angelus HGS Pro but really pining for a PLM-1. And then BOOM, 2 days later maybe, out of the blue this grungy old PLM-1 appears.

It was your destiny! This is a little bit out off topic, but I strongly believe that when we trully want something, sooner or later it will happen.

Congrats!
    flat5 guitarworks
    www.flat5guitarworks.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/eduardosantosphoto/

Great purchase.
    Pro White Dellinger II
    Pro Black Dellinger MJR
    Engl Powerball Mesa 4x12
    Sennheiser Wireless

Best looking Angelus IMO, congrats, Michael

MichaelG Guest
    Man, I totally agree with that. And to fight the destiny is only asking for trouble

This guitar will kick some serious ass once it leaves Budd's hands for sure.