Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pick suggestion

nighttrain69 Guest

pick suggestion

looking to see what others use ,ive been using the dunlop pics for years ,there nice till the pwder wears off them ,then slip slide away,ive try the jazz lll but there to small ,good grip on them though

rudymik Guest
    I use Wedgies....the 1.14mm derlin ones. They wear really nice, and you can use them for a long time. There's not like (extreme example) those thin Fender tortoiseshell-ish ones that just break after an hour of hard playing. I'm paranoid about always playing on the same side of the pick, too, so with the thumb indent on the Wedgies, I never have to worry about that.

You should check out Dava picks. They're pretty sweet.

Paul Gilbert picks are great, but easily worn out!
    Dunlop Jazz III and Dunlop tortex jazz

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

Vergile Guest
    i can totally recommend Dunlop Jazz Stubby (2mm or 3mm - personally i prefer 2mm, but that changes depending on my mood ^^).
    But they wear out - despite their appeareance - quite fast ;-/

5. I had the same exact problem as you had and I was using those black jazz 3 picks. I would check out dunlop ultex picks. You can get them in a bunch of sizes and they dont really wear. Ive also heard really good things about "V Picks"- http://www.v-picks.com/
    They cost $4:00 each though but you can check some vids out online.

Ever tried the Jazz 3 XL? You get a better grip because they are slightly larger versus trying to hold on to the small size. I'm currently stuck between those and the Ultex sharp .70 but I find the point on the ultex too sharp creating some resistance versus a smooth point the jazz have. I may go a size bigger. I dont know

Quote Originally Posted by green969 View Post
    I had the same exact problem as you had and I was using those black jazz 3 picks. I would check out dunlop ultex picks. You can get them in a bunch of sizes and they dont really wear. Ive also heard really good things about "V Picks"- http://www.v-picks.com/
    They cost $4:00 each though but you can check some vids out online.
    I've got to agree with you. I checked Ultex picks (1.14mm) out recently and quickly switched to them after years using ordinary dunlops. They do not wear easily, have a good grip, and interestingly, I think they fly over the strings softer than other picks. I'll have to check V-picks to, they look nice to say the least. But at 4$ each, they have to really make a difference in order to permanently switch to them!
    Convolution Blue - Symphonic Rock - convolutionblue.com
    '09 PRS Custom 22 Royal Blue
    '09 Caparison TAT II Dark Night
    '08 Caparison Horus Iris Violet
    '02 Ibanez Prestige S1540FM
    Fractal Audio AxeFx Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain69 View Post
    looking to see what others use ,ive been using the dunlop pics for years ,there nice till the pwder wears off them ,then slip slide away,ive try the jazz lll but there to small ,good grip on them though
    Try tortex dunlop H3, Very similar to Jazz III's but slightly bigger and powder for grip. Been using em for ages and by far my favourite picks ever
    http://www.facebook.com/annodominiband - Epic Death Metal - For fans of Behemoth, Dimmu, Fleshgod etc

Geets:

Ibanez Prestige RG1527M
    Strictly 7 Custom Cobra
    Mayones Setius Blakkheim sig model
    Caparison Angelus HGS EMG 81+60
    Jackson SL1 Soloist

Laboga Amps
    Axe FX II

I use these:

Their grip is just amazing and they don't wear out fast

The plain white fender ones, Fender tortoiseshell ones, and for fingerstyle alaska picks.
    "There is no comparison to a Caparison." - Me