Thread: Trading between countries?

Trading between countries?

Hi guys, im pretty likely to be trading my tat 2 with another forum member here but the problem is that hes from sweden and I'm from england. Has anyone else ever done trades between countries before? It's not that i don't trust the guy, its actually the opposite, I'm too trusting and I'm probably an easy target to be scammed. His user name is Mange, can anyone vouch for him?

Cheers!
    Caparison: Horus HGS Gloss White, Horus Crimson EF, Horus Snowcloud, Horus HGS MF, Angelus HGS Midnight Blue.
    Amps: Engl Special Edition E670 6L6, Engl Powerball, Framus Cobra.
    Other: Gibson Les Paul Custom 1981, Parker Fly Deluxe 1998 "Italian Plum", Fender Stratocaster 1990.

Don't know about the trust factor but being in England, won't you have to pay some extravagant VAT charges on the guitar coming in?

Mange is a good guy, what you trading for?
    My Band
    http://www.facebook.com/Diamorphus - For fans of Death Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzmorphus View Post
    Mange is a good guy, what you trading for?
    midnight blue angelus
    Caparison: Horus HGS Gloss White, Horus Crimson EF, Horus Snowcloud, Horus HGS MF, Angelus HGS Midnight Blue.
    Other: Gibson Les Paul Custom 1981, Parker Fly Deluxe 1998 "Italian Plum", Fender Stratocaster 1990.

I dont know about the VAT charges in England. But here in Sweden we dont have to pay anything extra since we're both from EU-countries.
    About trusting people you're doing trades with from other countries. You'll never know if you're gonna get scammed or not. But I promise (for what it's worth) I wont let you down. Actually, I can send you the angelus first and when you have recieved it you can send me the tat. No worries man.

Quote Originally Posted by Vzael View Post
    Hi guys, im pretty likely to be trading my tat 2 with another forum member here but the problem is that hes from sweden and I'm from england. Has anyone else ever done trades between countries before? It's not that i don't trust the guy, its actually the opposite, I'm too trusting and I'm probably an easy target to be scammed. His user name is Mange, can anyone vouch for him?

Cheers!
    i can vouch for Mange. ive bought, sold and traded with him and even met him in person a few times. and ive traded guitars and sent guitars to sweden, i just sent the ola white angelus to sweden last week.

the only thing i would watch out for is that UK may charge you a VAT on the incoming guitar. the only possible way of avoiding this is declaring a much lower value on the guitar but then if you want it insured that screws with your insurance.

Ill give Mange my best recommendations. He s a hell of a guy.
    nice friendly and would never let you down on a trade. Ive been doing business with him for long now.
    Hes also a great guitarist and plays in a good melodic death metal band called Embers arise. check them out on myspace!!
    Horus Hgs custom, TAT Bloodstorm custom, Dellinger trans.rose (mnemic)Dellinger pro black, TAT frozn sky,TAT black sparkle,Dellinger custom black

other guitars: mayones, gretsch country club, ibanez univers uvbk 97, Ibanez jem fp

Thanks for the feedback guys, i kinda felt he was a good guy from talking in PMs but better safe than sorry when you are sending a couple of grand of guitar to somebody you've never met right? I'm just uploading pics mange, i'll pm them to you as soon as they are up.

mange is your man!
    you can always trust the swedish connections...