Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dellinger to Horus

I've never been crazy about a neck humbucker... i like the single coil tone, that's why i use a BK Sinner in the neck/middle, however If i end up with one that's fine with me.
    Being truly honest i'm just going crazy about having 27 frets and a H/S config. that's all i want and need.
    Last edited by DellingerDdC; 20-04-2011 at 07:47 PM.
    --------------------- o ---------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DellingerDdC View Post
    Hi guys, as stated in another thread. I've been having problems with the mid pickup position in my Dellinger so I was thinking... maybe the solution would be buying a Horus, now this is not so simple.

1.The Horus scale length, i've always used a 25.5 and i've sold my Eclipses quickly due to the "awkwardness" of the 24.75, now i understand that the Horus is very different from your usual 24.75 arched les paul type so maybe it won't feel so much of a change, will it?

2.The Horus "neck" position is obvious a bit lower. I tend to hit the mid pickup a lot in my Dellinger so i'm hoping that the neck pickup in the Horus doesn't get in the way. However the simpleness of the H/S configurations is what i'm looking for right now.

I can't try a Horus where i live so i'll have to order it and hopefully i'll get used to it and like it.
    I've always loved the H/S/S config. maybe my technique has change a bit so now the mid pickup is just getting in the way and causing me problems.
    The H/H config. is just not for me... i don't really need 2 humbuckers and i hit the lower coil too.
    So before buying a Horus it'll be nice if someone can share experiences and tell if my "problems" will be solved by changing to the Horus.
    Thanks!
    Hey bro!

I just converted from a Dellinger to a Horus... There is a slight difference, but to completely HONEST With you... I play a lot better, like, instantly, on the Horus. It feels so natural to me. I did have to adjust my approach slightly, but I think you won't mind the little difference b/t the two. I now prefer the 24.75 scale and also, like you, I didn't like the middle pickup of the Dellinger. It got in my way and I never used it. The Horus fits my needs/wants and playing
    Current Gear:

Guitar:
    Caparison Angelus HGS Trans Blue-Mat
    Custom Alexi Laiho
    Schecter Loomis FR-7

Setup:
    Line 6 POD HD 500
    M-Audio Bx5a Power Monitors
    FL Studio 11

Future:
    JPX

Thanks man.... Horus FTW it is then! \m/

Thanks man.... Horus FTW it is then! \m/

Dude, I promise you are going to love it.... I can't believe how I'm flying on this neck. So much better... besides, if you want a Dellinger, you might as well save a thousand bucks and get a new ESP M-II for the less or a used one for 800 bucks. They feel exactly the same. For a matter o fact... unless I get another horus, I'd get an M-II w/maple fretboard and call it a day.
    Current Gear:

Guitar:
    Custom Alexi Laiho
    Schecter Loomis FR-7

Setup:
    Line 6 POD HD 500
    FL Studio 11

Future:
    JPX

Oh, and Engage757 has Yellow Sand up for grabs!

http://www.caparisonforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3502
    Current Gear:

Guitar:
    Custom Alexi Laiho
    Schecter Loomis FR-7

Setup:
    Line 6 POD HD 500
    FL Studio 11

Future:
    JPX

Quote Originally Posted by feilong29 View Post
    I'd get an M-II w/maple fretboard and call it a day.
    I used to have that guitar, i sold it a few weeks ago, there were days I enjoyed it more than the dellinger... it was a nice guitar, however I soon found out that i hated maple fretboards... they feel nice but they sound to damn bright XD. The M-II NTB I tried last year was amazing, still one of my favorites.

OK, i've decided to buy a Horus... however i will not part ways with my Dellinger, i'm gonna stop bitchin' about the middle pickup and adjust the best way I can, like i said i prefer to have both of these amazing guitars... now to save some money! Thanks to all for your advice!

OK, i've decided to buy a Horus... however i will not part ways with my Dellinger, i'm gonna stop bitchin' about the middle pickup and adjust the best way I can, like i said i prefer to have both of these amazing guitars... now to save some money! Thanks to all for your advice!
    That's what's up. You owe it to yourself to own both and put them through the paces together.

And who knows? Maybe once you have experienced the Horus, you will love it so much you will sell the dellinger in order to get a second one!
    Horus Black Night (Dimarzio X2N/Chopper)
    Horus HGS Oiled Walnut Maple Fretboard (D-Act/AirNor)
    2006 PRS Singlecut "10" top Birds Vintage nitro
    2003 PRS Singlecut "10" top Birds Charcoal
    2001 PRS Singlecut Tobacco Burst

Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
    Peavey 5150 Signature Head
    BBE Sonic Maximizer
    Korg DTR-1000 Rack Tuner
    X2 rackmount Wireless Unit
    Furman Power Conditioner
    Marshall 1960 4x12 slant
    Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Standard Slant
    Peavey 51510 4x12 Slant

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    And who knows? Maybe once you have experienced the Horus, you will love it so much you will sell the dellinger in order to get a second one!
    +100000000000