Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Original Caparison Angelus PLM-1 from the 1998 Catalog

The Original Caparison Angelus PLM-1 from the 1998 Catalog

Hello ,
    As I promised , Here are some pictures of the Guitar I just Bought
    This Guitar is THE ORIGINAL artist Sample that was used in the 1998 Catalog , Caparison website & Harem Scarem website (and also in my avatar).

update : If you arrived to this thread you are probably looking and seek information about your PLM-1 guitar, you came to the right place.
    if you are here as a Caparison fan and wonder what is a PLM-1 please see here and follow this thread since it grows and this thread keeps track on them .
    this is the list of all known PLM-1's on this Caparison forum :

1. belongs to MichaelG and was found by buddroyce published 27-10-09
    2. My instrument published 17-09-11 - Update (1-Dec-2013) - it is owned now by karate822
    3. Slitherous ORIGINAL that was owned by Pete Lesperane published 24-09-11
    4. belongs to PLM-1 Player - this was actually owned by Pete Lesperance published 06-07-13

here is a screenshot of the original PLM-1 web page that unfortunately does not exists any more & also the PLM-1 page on official Harem Scarem site:

and here is an actual photograph of my instrument - you can clearly see that the maple tops on all 3 pictures are identical and there is a perfect match
    as you know flamed maple tops are like finger prints and there are no two identical tops so the stock picture is definitely my instrument :-)

see more spectacular pictures on the next posts .

Enjoy,
    Amir
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by am1rb; 01-12-2013 at 04:03 PM. Reason: changed ownership - congrats to the new owner karate822

****ing beautiful man. Sorry I can't find the 1998 catalog. COuld have sworn I had it. apparently my lady sayd I only have 2000-2009 at the house.

Hello ,
    I saw the pictures that I uploaded to this post and I was very disappointed the pictures do injustice to the guitar .

So I decided to share with you higher resolution pictures that I hope will do with the guitar the justice that she deserves

Am1rb Caparison Angelus PLM-1 Trans Emerald Green 1 by am1rb, on Flickr

Am1rb Caparison Angelus PLM-1 Trans Emerald Green 2 by am1rb, on Flickr

Am1rb Caparison Angelus PLM-1 Trans Emerald Green 3 by am1rb, on Flickr

Am1rb Caparison Angelus PLM-1 Trans Emerald Green 4 by am1rb, on Flickr

Enjoy,
    Amir

more ...

This is the stock picture scanned from the catalog :

PLM-1 Stock Picture by am1rb, on Flickr
    Found on this web page:
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/MusicStar...4523/pete.html

Am1rb Caparison Angelus PLM-1 Trans Emerald Green 9 by am1rb, As can clearly seen here my guitar is the instrument that is photographed in the catalog!

Am1rb Caparison Angelus PLM-1 Trans Emerald Green 10 by am1rb, on Flickr

Enjoy,
    Amir
    Last edited by am1rb; 21-09-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by engage757 View Post
    ****ing beautiful man. Sorry I can't find the 1998 catalog. COuld have sworn I had it. apparently my lady sayd I only have 2000-2009 at the house.
    Thank you man,

It is also *****ing comfortable and sounds amazing with the special modified samples of the BH-R & BH- on this guitar that were winded especially for Pete Lesperance .

Maybe Budd R will be able to find for me the Catalog .....

Thanks for trying ,
    Amir
    Last edited by am1rb; 21-09-2011 at 01:29 PM.

amazing!!!
    www.inlovingmemory.es
    (melancholic doom/death)

Caparison: Dellinger SE-OM, Angelus HGS GM ProWhite, Angelus HGS TransBlack, Angelus TR Trans.RedBurst, TAT Red Sunset, TAT Frozen Sky
    Mayones: Regius 6 Gothic, Regius 7 Gothic, Duvell Elite 6, Setius 7 Gothic
    Skervesen: 4AP Custom, Raptor 6 NTB Custom, Raptor 7 FF Custom, Shoggie 7FF
    Ran: Crusher 7 FT Custom
    Strandberg: Boden USA 7
    Ibanez: J.Custom RG8527Z BX

it looks exactly like mine except mine is Pete's touring guitar that has a dimarzio in the bridge and my locking nut is a bit different and missing the screws at the moment it has alot of wear and tear from the road . mine was given to me by Pete as i was lucky enough to be his guitar student . i'll post some pics friday .
    budd if you read this whats the turn around time on a set up ?

Amir i was jut wondering if your volume was a push pull like mine ? i believe this is for coil tapping/splitting .
    i noticed that your guitar also has no serial number like mine . was also wondering if your schaller fine tuner has the scrolled S ? pete also gave me some of his signature yellow caparison pics and a few blue ones as well .
    when i was over at pete's house he showed me his plm1 that is finished in purple ,very nice : ) i think it is the only purple one made . now thats rare . i'll get some pics up friday .

one other difference i just noticed is that the cap on my toggle switch is made of machined brass .