Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Original Caparison Angelus PLM-1 from the 1998 Catalog

Quote Originally Posted by slitherous View Post
    one other difference i just noticed is that the cap on my toggle switch is made of machined brass .
    Hi,
    Lucky you ! having the masters guitar ..... wow !

on mine:
    Regarding the Volume - I was sure that it is a plain pot but after what you wrote in your reply I took out the guitar from its case
    and pushed the knob - noting pulled the knob and what a surprise ! YES it is a push-pull !!! - I did not connected yet to an amp to hear what it does (did not want to wake up my house ... ) - according to the official specs it should be plain pot that is installed on the stock PLM-1's but it seams that on our guitars which are the originals Pete required a push-pull and this is what they did ..... ****ing amazing !!!!
    what a surprise - thanks to you man !!!!!

*the Schaller has the "S" (on the bottom )
    *the cap of the toggle is brass (little bit oxidized )
    *No serial number - many Caparisons from those years don't have serials especially custom/artist guitars that are not stock.
    *the pickups are BH-F & BH-R samples:

bh.jpg

I wonder, if you are so close to Pete if you can get for me a good quality scan with the pictures from the catalog/brochure ?

Please send your pictures ! it will be an opportunity for pepole to see another PLM-1 .

Best ,
    Amir
    Last edited by am1rb; 23-09-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: discovered that the volume is a push-pull !

Well slitherous ,

I connected to the amp - when I pull out the knob it splits the humbucker that is selected by the toggle switch and the sound becomes bright and sounds crystalclear as a classic single coil on a tele
    the cleans from the bridge pu when it is split are simply amazing !!!!!!!

works like magic on both pick ups ! 6 sounds !! 3 humbucker sounds and 3 single coil sounds - it is more versatile than I expected !!!

this is the opened electronic cavity - it is all original never touched :
    push-pull.jpg
    you can see the push-pull ....

Thank You man !!!!!!!!! I think that exactly for this purpose the forum exists !!! thanks again for your insight
    I was so happy that I bought this guitar and now thanks to you - you made my day !!!!!!

I would appreciate if you can scan for me the catalog with the relevant pages - then it will prefect !!!!

Best Regards,
    Amir

This guitar is a beauty, would do anything to have it. everything about it is glorious and I think the fretboard looks extra nice

Quote Originally Posted by furiataurina View Post
    This guitar is a beauty, would do anything to have it. everything about it is glorious and I think the fretboard looks extra nice
    Thank you,

Believe me - even the hi-res pictures that I shared with you all do injustice to this guitar ! in real life it is X1000 prettier !!!
    the finish is like 3D - it has a depth effect that can not be seen in the pictures and from every angle and light direction the wood texture looks different .

Best,
    Amir

caparison 043.jpgo.k . Amir here are pics of my road worn plm 1 . gotta see how much Budd will charge me for a set up .
    this guitar has some serious Pete mojo : )
    also my vh 5150 (unfinished ) i have the cap ph-r and sh-n pick-ups for it . my ibanez rg 470 with cappy pick-ups . then my ASI Sustainiac (early 1989 model very rare),then my fender fat strat goldsister, bottom we have ibanez ex early 90's korea excellent guitar .next is a 78 ibanez les paul with gibson sticker over the ibanez label ; ),then the Squier Pro-tone Fat strat (read up on squier Pro-tones, very wicked guitar .then my gibson les paul , finally my fender tele-coustic (its o.k. but not really fender quality )

help my pics won't post . can you only post one pic at a time ?

caparison 036.jpg my road worn plm-1

caparison 033.jpg needs a set up : )

caparison 037.jpg my quiver : )

caparison 043.jpg my kick ass ride 1980 chevy el camino