Thread: Tuners...advice needed

Tuners...advice needed

As I do more and more set-up myself, I thinking about getting a new tuner to do intonation settings.

Sonic Research Turbo Tuner get really good reviews everywhere, but it is more than 2x the price of TC electronics Polytune, and KORG Pitchblack (to give a couple of examples of otrher tuners Im looking at).

The Turbo Tuner is more accurate, but will this mean anything in "!real life"?
    Will I be able to notice the difference, or is more of an "academical" thing...?

IMO, it definitely matters. The Turbo Tuner is a lot better than the other tuners you mentioned. The only one close would be the Stobostomp (which I currently own), and I think the Turbo Tuner is better. It's crazy accurate, fast and great in a live setting once you get used to the sensitivity. I can hear a difference between the "mostly in tune" other tuners and the "in tune" Turbo Tuner/Strobostomp ones. Keep in mind, this is in a recording setting. In a live setting, any of the aforementioned tuners would be perfectly fine. I'd stay away from the Pitchblack though; I've heard quite a few reports of people not being able to read the display during bright outdoor gigs.

Boss TU-12 H ,

Never had a problem using this and is a great tuner for a reasonable price ,

I never thought of buying something else ,

Martin

I got me the Turbo Tuner. What I can tell from useing it so far is that it it
    very fast /the fastest Ive ever tried, or seen), and very precise. It doesnt hesitate about which note youve hit,
    which is sometimes the case with other tuners (due to overtones?).
    I think I will like it.

i've got a polytune and i love it!

turbo tuner!!!
    get one!
    since i use it i have the best tuned guitar ever.
    i often had to correct the tuning by ear with my Korg DTR 1000.
    thats no point anymore.
    tt is killer!