Thread: Got a Mac Book Pro and how can i get Ezdrummer and Axe Fx II to work with Logic 9?

Got a Mac Book Pro and how can i get Ezdrummer and Axe Fx II to work with Logic 9?

I always used Cubase 4 and now i got a macbook..

I got to choose the Axe Fx II as the midi in and i hear the metronome of Logic 9 in the headphones in Axe Fx.
    But when recording it doesnt show on the Logic 9. And i dont find the Ez drummer vst i installed...

Ive never use Logic so anyone here that can feed me with info?
    my email is fireheart82@hotmail.com
    # Caparison DemonWing Prototype CS
    # Washburn Dime3 Slime 95`
    # Washburn Dime 3 Dimebolt 97`
    # PRS 1988 Custom 24 Grey 10 Top
    # Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty 1973.
    # Jackson RR1 Lightning Sky CS
    # Suhr Modern Denim Namm 08 Prototype CS
    # Ibanez JEM 7vwh 1994
    # Mesa Dual Rect Proto Rev B #37,V30 VHT2502,CAE mixer,RST, TC-D-two,Roland SDX330 TSC

If I'm not mistaken, Logic does not support VSTi..only AU (audio units). That's the problem.

As for the Axe FX, you can't record an analogue guitar through its midi ports, you need to connect through a jack or XLR

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

so what studio program should i get for ez drummer and easy recording for mac?
    i have audio kontrol1 usb interface, but the axe fx 2 has it too. isnt it usable?

EZ drummer supports AU as well, so it should be compatible with logic. However, if I were you, since already familiar with Steinberg, I'd get Cubase or Nuendo. VSTi market is way bigger than AU and RTAS (protools).
    About your axefx...are you trying to record through the USB? Since you already have a USB audio interface, better connect to that one instead of directly to the pc. I bet the ASIO would be faster, and you won't have any problems with word clock sync (if needed)

I'm a bit confused with your setup though...what exactly are you trying to do?

PS: you can also try the XLN audio addictive drums. It supports AU and it's an amazing sampler, way better than EZ imo

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    Axe FX II

**** i had that XLN on a hardrive that went to hell.. thanks, i was thinking about other drums. Since i already have a studio program that works:P
    # Ibanez JEM 7vwh 1994
    # Mesa Dual Rect Proto Rev B #37,V30 VHT2502,CAE mixer,RST, TC-D-two,Roland SDX330 TSC

Typios:
    I have this gear:
    Axe Fx II and M-Audio Bx8.
    Audio Kontrol1
    Korg Padkontrol for drums.
    # Ibanez JEM 7vwh 1994

Even though the Axe FX can be 2/4 audio interface too, I don't see the reason why. Better connect through the Balanced XLR output of the Axefx to the XLR input of the AK1, which can handle everything. Your Bx8 speakers, your headphones and the ASIO. Less USB usage too.

Axe FX II

Yeah. Only thing i need now is some drums to Jam with:-(
    # Ibanez JEM 7vwh 1994

Quote Originally Posted by fireheart82 View Post
    Yeah. Only thing i need now is some drums to Jam with:-(
    Hi man!

I will try to tell you how I am running my Axe setup with Logic Pro. Maybe that can shed some light on your problem.

My connections are:
    - Axe Ultra Output 1 conected to my Input 1 on my Presonus Firebox via instrument cable. The Presonus Firebox goes out via Fireware into my iMac.

In Logic I set up a track for the guitars and rums like this:
    -Guitar track with axe: audio track (select I/O Input 1 for the Axe and Out 1-2 for my monitors)
    -Drums for backtracks: I set up an instrument track(select I/O EZDrummer and again Out 1-2 for my monitors)

That's about it. Then you just have to choose drumkits and stuff. I realy don't know much about the program but it let's me jam easily and record some basic ideas. But I have ben reading and it really can do everything you want.

Check the attached screencaps for referrence. Hope this will help.

Captura de pantalla 2012-03-01 a las 14.57.26.jpgCaptura de pantalla 2012-03-01 a las 14.57.16.jpg
    Ich seh was was du nicht siehst.

I have problems with making Korg Nanopad respond to the drums. The velocity curve touch works. But not the pads. **** i miss XP.
    # Ibanez JEM 7vwh 1994