Thread: Belated New Guitar Day - Dellinger II Transrose content

Belated New Guitar Day - Dellinger II Transrose content

Well, I had been looking to adding a second Capa for a time, so I recently got a 2006 Dellinger II in Tranrose (gloss finish). The guitar is in really good shape for her age. Other than a few pick marks here and there, she is really clean and the frets have plenty of live left. I haven't had a chance to play her that much yet but all I can say for now is WOW!! I love the neck and the ebony fingerboard. The guitar came the a Dimarzio D-Sonic and a PH-F. Not a huge fan of the D-Sonic so far, not warm enough for my taste. Need to flip her around to see how it sounds with the bar towards the neck. I have a PH-R laying around and a couple SD's so I could always try fitting some other pick ups. If I don't like any of the combos I might just get a tried and tested Air Norton/Tone Zone combo in zebra (I think it would look cool with the "cherry" finish). OK, enough talking. Here are some pics.

Caparison Dellinger II a.jpgCaparison Dellinger II e.jpgCaparison Dellinger II i.jpgCaparison Dellinger II m.jpgCaparison Dellinger II p.jpg

Congrats dude! That thing looks amazing.

What is the body made of? I used to have an alder bodied jackson which I put a D-Sonic in and I loved the sound of it. But to each his own of course!
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Congrats bro, tasty looking dellinger!!

Congrats on the new addition to the family. Let us know what pick up configuration ends up working best for you. Enjoy your new guitar!

Thanks a lot guys!
    Wolvie, the body is made of mahogany.

I play mostly in E/Eb/Drop D. The previous owner had her tuned to B standard IIRC. For standard tunings Dimarzio recommends putting the D-Sonic with the bar facing towards the neck. I am definitely going to give it a go before changing anything else. I 'll let you know how it goes.

Love that color, very cool! Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't tune very low. Your zebra pickups idea sounds really good too if you go that direction.

Thanks Ewan! I love the finish. It looks really classy and the zebra pick ups should give a bit of a retro look. I still haven't had a chance to try any pickup combos yet but hope to get at it next week. Funnily enough, I have never played a Caparison with a PH-R on it. I have one that I bought for a guitar project but have never used it. So, I am curious to hear how it sounds. Some people love them in their Horii. I will keep you posted on what I finally settle on. Cheers

Very cool guitar, man! I've had mixed results with the PH-R. In my Horus, it didn't sound all that great, but it's awesome in my Dellinger.