Thread: Has any one noticed

Has any one noticed

... how retarded sevenstring.org has gotten recently? It's like a bunch of socially retarded guitar nerds not cool enough to hang out on 4chan/reddit/digg have imploded onto the boards there. Every post has at least one attempt at a meme about the OP/subject and the in jokes are so bad it's like listening to whining teen age girls talk about some person they dont like in public.

Not to mention that people circle jerk so hard that there is actually a thread devoted to lesbians gays and trans gendered.

So wheres the "im a regular hetero single male with middle income and lower to middle socio economic background with little or no emotional problems thread" ?

just sayin'

EDIT : http://www.metalguitarist.org/ is still a solid forum though. This forum > then all though guys <3333
    Last edited by wolfenstein; 29-05-2012 at 01:19 AM.

SS is a huge forum, I both love it and hate it. My main problem is with the ERG guys there..they think they're so open minded and progressive that ban everyone who even questions them. Notice the contradiction?
    It's funny that my best conversations there, were about gym and weight lifting

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

I love me an ERG but I can't bring myself to sign up to SS.org Too big a forum/too much going on and I'd only really use it for the gear selling section. And I don't want to be one of those guys who just signs up to a forum to buy/sell stuff.
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Guitars aren't the problem of course. Their owners are! I asked a guy there with my best manners why would he want to buy a 9-string guitar for studio work, since he already owns an 8-string. Tune the guitar down to whatever, record..tune back up or use another guitar (I bet he has a good 6-string around) and record the upper register stuff. Money saved from a big investment. Within a day I got -12 rep for trolling!! I few years back I was short-tempered and I would start flaming but I learned to control that and instead I tried to have a rational conversation with them, so get this; they banned me for a week! Jerks

Anyways, you can't just sign up and sell right away, you have to gather more than 100 posts and not just random stuff, or double postings. At least I got me enough posts from that ERG war to be able to sell :P JK

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

Yeah, that's another reason I don't sign up haha. To be fair, it's a nice idea in theory. IT's always a bit scary seeing someone's first post being "FS: my crazy piece of gear", etc

I post in the 7 string/ERG thread on Ultimate-Guitar a lot and I've heard a fair few complaints about the SS.org mods. Sad that.
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

I guess because its such a big forum it has so much dousebagery going on.
    I mean we are such a small community/forum and we occasionally had our own super-trolls.
    I also do not like the mods decisions from time to time.It's too strict.
    But hey, their forum, their rules.

And you have to admit, the luthiery section is freakin awesome. MAJOR talent there.

Side note... a great place is the Ultimate Metal/Andy Sneap forum.

That Alex guy is a terrible admin and is 100% the reason for any and all complaints about the forum.