Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: What amp do you use at home?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    What software are you using? I've purchased a Focusrite iTrack Solo (for PC/iPad) and I'm currently working through guitar rig but I can't seem to find any nice amp setups.
    That's cause GuitarRig sucks, just as most of multieffect boards out there. Even a Line6 spider sounds better than that.

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Trypios View Post
    That's cause GuitarRig sucks, just as most of multieffect boards out there. Even a Line6 spider sounds better than that.
    Care to suggest an alternative? I'm not a MAC user so strictly PC if possible.

There are some competitors like Revalver MK 3, Amplitube 3, Overloud TH2, Redwirez IRs.
    I just can't seem to be able to produce a good tone on either of them while testing. Others certainly can, but what is the point of spending hours tweaking when the important thing is playing the actual instrument.

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    Axe FX II

I may give them a try. This is true, but another reason for me learning guitar was to play like particular bands I listen to and try to emulate their sound. That's part of the fun too.
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." - Milton Berle

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I may give them a try. This is true, but another reason for me learning guitar was to play like particular bands I listen to and try to emulate their sound. That's part of the fun too.
    There is absolutely no way to emulate an artist's sound using Impulse Responses and multiFX pedalboards. Only thing I tried that comes close enough is AxeFX. For purists, even if you had the EXACT same rig...same guitar, amp, pedals...you wouldn't be able to reproduce the same sound. Good thing about the whole situation at least is that you can have your own unique tone.

If you indeed try them out, tell me your opinion because I am also working with GuitarRig when I'm practicing or with my students. I'd like to have something better than that.

Axe FX II

Oh I completely understand I'd never get the exact same tone, but something similar with a twist isn't far from the mark.

Sure thing, hopefully I can pick up some other alternatives as well. I did try Logic on a friend's Mac and the tones on there were pretty good... Maybe I'll have to fork out for an old in-expensive Mac. (*cringes*)

Logic is only a DAW.

Axe FX II

Yes, but it has nice built in amp sounds, like Garage Band but better.

As I'm not currently gigging I use the main rig so it's not sitting and gathering too much dust; Peavey JSX through a Framus Dragon cab with V30s.
    Looking to upgrade the cab to an Engl with either V30 or V60s at some point in the next year.

I play through my 6505+ combo hooked up to some Marshall 2x12. Nothing fancy, but it sounds great. Also I use an NS-2, Joyo Vintage overdrive, and a TU-2.