Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What amp do you use at home?

What amp do you use at home?

Just curious About what gear you guys use to practice at home. I have a Blackstar HT-1, which is a little nice amp but I am not too impressed with its metal tones. Maybe worth adding an overdrive in the front? Looking forward to hearing what your home set up is. Cheers

I just use my Roland Cube (60). Perfectly happy with it.
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Thanks Wolvie. Have heard good things about the Cubes. 60w would be a bit overkill for my tiny apartment though :-)
    Last edited by Capelo; 24-06-2012 at 02:50 PM.

It's 60w solid state so it's not super loud. Granted you just made me go and look at what I have the volume levels at and it's only 9 oclock :P So I even play it pretty quietly.
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Guitar Rig since tone isn't a big deal for practicing.
    Sometimes I'm using my Mesa Lonestar but that's ridiculous. Switched to 50watt and loop engaged so that the output is on 8:00 and channel master is on 9:00. And it's still loud!!

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

Right now I use a Blackstar HT5RH through an Orange 1x12. I love it except my Blackstar needs to go in for warranty repair right now.

I use a Framus Cobra heavily attenuated with a THD Hotplate. Sounds like a swarm of bees buzzing in a jar!

Thanks guys. Nice reading about everyone's set up. I really like the Blackstar HT-5. It has a tad more gain than my HT-1 plus a bigger cabinet. I didn't go for one of those as I thought it was going to be too loud. The Framus is awesome but it wouldn't even fit in my living room! The new Marshall one watters look and sound great but they are way too pricey. Maybe a bigger cab would help my HT-1 sound more like the real deal...

I have a Blackstar HT-5H with a Laney 2x12 cab and it pumps out a nice amount of gain. But i use my Exotic BB preamp pedal to add more gain if needed. Also i have Roland cube 30 watt which is perfect for really quite playing and has plenty of gain for heavy riffage!
    Guitars:

Caparison Horus Scarab Gold (Dimarzio Evo 2 & Fast Track 2)
    ESP Gus G. Sig RS-FR (Dimarzio Norton & Liquifire)
    Custom X-Plorer (Dimarzio X2N & Steve Morse Neck)

behringer vamp 2 ahaha yeeeeeeeeee!
    facebook -> kieran kojima

Suhr modern custom
    Blackmachine b6
    Caparison Horus Thunder Cloud
    Diezel VH4
    Axe fx standard
    ENGL v30 4x12 straignt
    Ibanez ts808 original 80's
    dimarzio cables
    dimarzio/ bareknuckle pickups.