Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ps4

Ps4

Sooooo sony's new console was 'announced' but not unveiled at the press conference on the 20th at new york.

Showed us a tonne of games, some of the things the new console can/might do, the new controller. I'm keen as hell. Always enjoy a good game. Any thoughts anyone..if you manage to pry those capa's away from your hands from time to time and get the geek on! :P

Here's gamespot's PS4 section for any news thus far

http://au.gamespot.com/ps4/
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

Really excited about this. At first the controller wasn't to my liking, but finding out they've out a rear touch panel on the back makes it all the more interesting.

The games/graphics look absolutely amazing. Really pleased with the direction Sony are taking, I was a little miffed that a few companies (Square Enix for example) didn't show us another trailer, but oh well, can't win them all! It looks like one heft machine.

The only thing I can see as a downfall is the lack of PS3 backwards compatibility. Kind of annoying, as it was from PS3 to PS2, so hopefully they have a free way of keeping your PS3 games and putting them onto the PS4. Another issue would be the price. I can't see being less than 300 but hopefully it will be around that though.

I'm more of an Xbox guy myself, not owned a PS2/3 (did own a PS1, glorious!). Not had much time to play games lately anyway.

I do own a PS Vita though and I have to say, rear touch pad is mostly kind of shit. You have to more careful where you grab the controller and also you can't see where you're touching until after you've tapped it so it's not really very fluid. And not having backwards compatibility is a pretty terrible decision. Means there's no reason to really buy the console until it actually has a decent library of games. >_>

But again, I'm more of an xbox guy anyway so I don't really see myself buying the PS4 regardless.
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Well its official... 29th the PS4 will be released in europe, australia and NZ.
    aaaand will be released in the US on the 15th.

Will see myself getting one eventually. Maybe after a custom haha

The day after my birthday. So I can ask for spending money the night before and queue up for midnight launch. Lets see how many holidays I have...

GTA 5 will keep me more than busy until they go down in price a bit!
    My Band
    http://www.facebook.com/Diamorphus - For fans of Death Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Sudzmorphus View Post
    GTA 5 will keep me more than busy until they go down in price a bit!
    haha I find the $400 price tag pretty hard to resist.

8. I had both systems on pre-order, as I'm a huge fan of Dead Rising and a devoted XBOX 360 user. However, I just couldn't look past Microsoft's restrictions and the subsequent backpedaling on this issue. I canceled my XBOne preorder and will be sticking with PS4.
    Caparison TAT II (Red Sunset) - stock pups
    Jackson SL1 Soloist (Black) - Bare Knuckle Black Hawk (b), Seymour Duncan Classic Stack (m, n)
    Jackson DK1 (Raspberry Burst) - EMG-81 (b), EMG-85 (n)
    Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (Mirage Red) - DiMarzio X2N (b), stock pups (m, n)
    ENGL Fireball 100 head
    Splawn 4x12 cab w/Eminence Red Coat speakers
    ISP Decimator
    Maxon OD808 Overdrive
    Boss CE-1 Super Chorus
    Carl Martin Octa-Switch II

My band - Alpharist (www.facebook.com/Alpharist)

Did anyone pick up their pre-order? Apparently some of the units are having issues...as to be expected lol.

10. I got my preorder from Amazon on Friday and it had the blue light of death. I've already requested a refund and will be sending it back tomorrow. I'd advise holding off on buying a PS4 right now, as the failure rate appears to be a lot higher than Sony admits.
    Caparison TAT II (Red Sunset) - stock pups
    Jackson SL1 Soloist (Black) - Bare Knuckle Black Hawk (b), Seymour Duncan Classic Stack (m, n)
    Jackson DK1 (Raspberry Burst) - EMG-81 (b), EMG-85 (n)
    Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (Mirage Red) - DiMarzio X2N (b), stock pups (m, n)
    ENGL Fireball 100 head
    Splawn 4x12 cab w/Eminence Red Coat speakers
    ISP Decimator
    Maxon OD808 Overdrive
    Boss CE-1 Super Chorus
    Carl Martin Octa-Switch II

My band - Alpharist (www.facebook.com/Alpharist)