Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NGD: First Capa \o/ (Belated)

Thumbs up NGD: First Capa \o/ (Belated)

Hi guys,

I'm from Brazil and i'm new here,

This is my first capa, it arrived here last week:

I'm willing to change to black hardware(not cosmo black), i'm the third owner, the previous owner thinks it is a custom ordered angelus(because of the golden hardware), but i dont think so, for me, the first owner just changed the stock hardware to the golden one. I like golden an cosmo black finshes, but they dont work for me, the finish always fades away and it bothers me :/

I noticed that 95% angelus owners change the pickups... so... Does anyone can tell me why?

Sorry for my terrible english.

Very nice!! Welcome to the forum!!

thanks bro, i remember you from sevenstring.org o/

Welcome mate! Congrats on the purchase!
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

That's a beautiful Angelus. Welcome on board! Happy Shredding

Congrats man! Interesting look with the gold hardware.

Regarding the pickup swapping - I think generally it's just fine tuning, trying to push a little closer to a dream tone. The stock Capa pickups are generally pretty good in my experience, and through a good amp you'd probably not find much to take issue with. But still it's always fun to throw in some Bareknuckle's or DiMarzios or something just to get a little more of whatever you're chasing - whether that's gain, or tonal (mids/bass/treble) or just in general a voicing that you find you prefer.

My 2c of course, anyway
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
    Regarding the pickup swapping - I think generally it's just fine tuning, trying to push a little closer to a dream tone. The stock Capa pickups are generally pretty good in my experience, and through a good amp you'd probably not find much to take issue with. But still it's always fun to throw in some Bareknuckle's or DiMarzios or something just to get a little more of whatever you're chasing - whether that's gain, or tonal (mids/bass/treble) or just in general a voicing that you find you prefer.
    I concur!

wow the golden hardware fits so nicely!
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

Thank you all guys!

I'm really enjoying the Angelus, more than my mayones setius and regius. The body is "ultra ressonant", fits perfect, very ergonomic, love the neck shape, radius and etc... it is a little bit heavy, but i dont care, i am a bedroom guitar player. It is my first capa and wont be the last.
    AngelUS, regiUS, setiuUS... so i am missing a horUS to complete my set of "GuitarUS" lol. When you have G.A.S, anything will be a excuse to buy more guitars lol
    Next shot will be a Horus HGS MF pro black(i hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
    Congrats man! Interesting look with the gold hardware.

My 2c of course, anyway
    Thanks for the tips bro! I really apreciate. I'm enjoying the stock pickups and i'll keep them for a while, but i wont lie, the first thing that i thought when i bought it was: i'll install a set of warpigs \m/.

Quote Originally Posted by xibuque View Post
    Next shot will be a Horus HGS MF pro black(i hope)
    And you will love that as well! I can vouch.. still in love with mine!