Thread: What's been your best/fav/most memorable gig?

What's been your best/fav/most memorable gig?

Sorry guys.. Forum's a bit dead and we've got a gig coming up which just got me thinking. Don't think it matters if it's your own gig or another band you might have seen...both even!

Our band has only been playing for a little over a year. But i guess our most memorable or favourite would be our 3rd gig we did at the local golf club for the Annual Weipa Pig Hunt (yes it's a small town...yes that kind of redneck stuff happens here...yes i might be a redneck too lolol). So we're just a Rock cover band. We only play a few times a year because we're too busy with work to do much else. Anyway the gig was great. Was about 500 people there and everyone was really receptive! Alcohol may have lent a helping hand with the reception haha. Always good to hear the crowd singing the songs and dancing. Encore too so yeah.. sweet night. Won't say it was our best technically/musically haha. Oh well..you get that.

We've got our 5th coming up next month. Will be playing in front of 1,500 people or so for the Weipa Fishing Classic. A fishing competition that's held here. So if you wanna get out on the boat..catch some serious fish...win a quad or something..and listen to some live music..get up here! haha

Ok as far as other bands...i've only been to 1 concert ever. That was the country artist Alan Jackson when he was playing in Brisbane which was very good. Can only handle country in small doses though.

Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish
    Caparison Horus Scarab Gold

Not yet gigged myself, maybe one day.

As for gigs I've been to. The first thing that jumped to my mind when I saw this thread was Fear Factory. Saw them back in Januaray 2010 in a little upstairs club room outside of Melbourne, probably not more than 200 people in the room. But they fkn killed it. 2 hours of intense head banging, heart pounding, screaming, etc Just awesome.

Apart from that, first time I saw Disturbed back in 2008 they were incredible. Very good live. Not as big a fan of them now as I was then, but at the time it was super awesome. Oh and Opeth I've seen twice, 2nd time wasn't so impressed (mostly Heritage stuff which I'm not personally a fan of), but the first time was superb. Amazing set, amazing sound, absolutely nailed everything.
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

As for my own gigs, opening for Slash would have to be the top of the list.. not just because of Slash, but it was the first time my dad had been able to see me play live after all that time, and having him see me play at a gig like that was unforgettable

Gigs I have been to, I think it is a tie between Devin Townsend, and Meshuggah.. Meshuggah the first time I saw them was just incredible, absolutely mindblowing. With Devin it was his voice that blew me away, the most impressive singer I have seen live. Actually I guess I have to add Rammstein to the list also.. not such a big fan, but their stage show / pyrotechnic display is pretty amazing to see.

My mostist fave set of gigs ever was going to see KISS at Madison Square Gardens july 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th 1996 on their reunion tour with Ace and Peter and all in full makeup for the first time since what?...1980? Closest to time travel I'll ever get! hahaha!

First gig stands out; was a fun set, everything went well, and it was a good group (well, a group thrown together for the degree I'm in but still). Everything just worked; total dispelling of stage-fright.

As for one I've gone to, well..not been to one I wasn't playing in just yet; waiting for Symphony X to hit Australia but worried about it; I had a ticket paid to see Nevermore when they were coming down here, and the feckers split!
    Guitars:

Caparison MJR Signature.
    Caparison Horus (Iris Violet Gold 2008 reissue w/ toggle switch, Dimarzio Tone Zone S/ X2N)
    Caparison Dellinger-II MC Aluminium (Chrome EMG 81/81 pickup pairing)
    Caparison Dellinger-7 FR Matte Black (DiMarzio D-Activators Set)
    Caparison TAT-I Frozen Sky made for Matt Wicklund.
    Caparison TAT-II Red Sunset '96
    Caparison Orbit 27-FR Pro White

-More coming soon-

With my new band Obscurae Dimension opening for Mnemic was a great experience.They had been so nice and kind to us,sharing the catering and a cabinet(which the booking had forgotten...).On top of all this,they watched our performance and come to shake our hands saying it was the best of the Festival(and I was having trouble with my speaker cables XD).Really kind guys.

Another one was with my old band,Heaven Denied,in a small theater.It was packed and people really loved every single moment.People were singing all our songs with me.It has been one of my favourite memories in music.

2006 Caparison Horus HGS Oiled Walnut (My Favourite!Love Her)
    Dunlop Cry Baby
    Digitech Whammy
    MXR Phase 90
    Ibanez TubeScreamer 30th Anniversary
    Rivera Knucklehead KR3
    DR strings
    Caparison picks no.07 1.0

Like Melodic Death Metal?Check my band Obscurae Dimension on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/OBSCURAE-DIMENSION/153250198084305

I would definitely have to say opening for Opeth at House of Blues was my favorite gig. The Queensryche gig was cool too(was a huge fan as a kid),but Opeth takes the cake.

The first time I saw Meshuggah - oh god. It was pouring torrential rain and the crowd was in this huge mud pit! What an awesome gig.
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

Meshuggah are incredible live. Just flawless.