Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howdy Y'all

1. Welcome to the forum. Nice axes you got there!
    Caparison TAT II (Red Sunset) - stock pups
    Jackson SL1 Soloist (Black) - Bare Knuckle Black Hawk (b), Seymour Duncan Classic Stack (m, n)
    Jackson DK1 (Raspberry Burst) - EMG-81 (b), EMG-85 (n)
    Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (Mirage Red) - DiMarzio X2N (b), stock pups (m, n)
    ENGL Fireball 100 head
    Splawn 4x12 cab w/Eminence Red Coat speakers
    ISP Decimator
    Maxon OD808 Overdrive
    Boss CE-1 Super Chorus
    Carl Martin Octa-Switch II

My band - Alpharist (www.facebook.com/Alpharist)

"I plan on voicing my opinion over some the more recent changes and asking Jeff Williams something silly about beards whenever I get the chance... shhhh don't tell him (・`ω・)"

Hahaha!....talk of beards eh? Lets do it

:o who snitched! I wasn't ready, I wasn't reeeeadddyy!!! >__<
    Ok then..... I'm trying to control myself here and dropping off all the fan girl reaction, it is perhaps best to be as direct as possible.
    In the past you have often referred to your guitar player as papa-smurf due to his quiet thick, long, massive, black beard however in the recent photos I have seen of the band (that 70 pounds of metal curse thingy... if I recall correctly) Every one in the band had a beard and papa smurf was nowhere to be found. So does that mean that you have also become a papa-smurf.. or did I just simply not notice papa-smurf? I would be pretty hard to miss papamsurf even with the whole band sporting a a beard.

I apologize if I had offended anyone, and on a side note, do you have a special shampoo or conditioner for your beard or is it 100% natural? I don't usually grow anything during the summer and usually shave around every month but when working on long projects i frequently let it grow and to frank, it is very hard to style ... I have tried cocoa butter with some satisfying results but the smell wasn't too great, I wouldn't say it was very manly... should I worry about acne?

Ps- Yo da man

Hahahaha!.....well how do I answer that? hahaha! Yup Andy (Papa Smurf) hasn't been touring with the band for a while so we've all grown beards of various length and thickness to keep up our hairy faced tradition! Lee, who is standing in on the live front, has been ordered to start growing his as soon as possible or faces immediate eviction! hahaha! (Andy is playing on the new album, which we just finished recording, by the way).....hmmm? now as for upkeep and general maintenance on said beard, I would recommend trimming it into a suitably metal appearance (maybe an evening class in facial topiary wouldn't go amiss?) and wash it maybe once a week as the build up of gwam and other general secretions help to keep the beard appear thick and rock n roll. Do not fear the beard, with a little love and attention your beard can become a life long companion and even a member of the family. Cocoa butter should be kept at a healthy distance! Hope this helps
    Last edited by Jeff Williams; 17-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.

Oh man, hahaha. I can't comment on that. That was just a brilliant reply!
    nothing to smoothen da beard then... the fluffy kittens and smooth wumenz will just have to suffer!

Well, on a serious sidenote I also wanted to ask you a question regarding the caparison bass. How does the neck compare to say a fender bass where it is thin and easy to play fast on. Can one say that the new C2 bass feels the same as the old caparison bass or are they slightly different?
    I would make a thread regarding basses but there aren't many of us on the forum in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by RecursiveInput View Post
    I would make a thread regarding basses but there aren't many of us on the forum in the first place.
    Go on !.. do it man. There's a few of us interested in the bass. I play 3 instruments in our band and have been thinking about how the c2 models will go.
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Staygrey92 View Post
    Go on !.. do it man. There's a few of us interested in the bass. I play 3 instruments in our band and have been thinking about how the c2 models will go.
    :o three of them? do you need your band any more?
    I'm not creative enough to think of one
    There is also just one bass made by caparison so we really can't say much about them. Maybe we can start a generic bass thread in the spam section of the forum and talk about how much better bass players are than guitar players. I mean, it has been proven scientifically that bass players are better in bed than guitar player (there are no experimental evidence to back this up but you just have to take my word for it)

Or maybe we can start a thread about kittens! everybody likes kittens, they are super metal too. kittens ist krieg!

Hahaha yes 3 .. and YES I need the band! We swap around on stage. Give's it a bit of variety and flair... different styles. I'm a guitarist and drummer predominately, but there's a special vibe when your slappin that bass.

Yeah I havent seen many peep's with the bass. Just Jeff and Zack.. not sure who else. Something more generic will have to do!
    Lolol..better in bed.. Ooooo I'm not too sure how safe that would be dude. Hahahaha this forum is 95% guitarists, you might get a bit of backlash from that

I have two cats! Make a thread. Let's talk ..mmm pets! Dogs>Cats any day.
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

I agree cats are far superior to dogs! That's just a fact and I shan't hear any arguments to the contrary!
    As for the Caparison Bass, the neck is slim (kinda like a jazz at the nut end) but a little deeper on the profile which makes it a hell of a lot faster and certainly more comfortable to play when its slung a bit lower
    The new C2 is a beauty. The neck profile is a little different to the regular model, a teensy bit fatter but it still plays fast with stoopidly low action, and with the addition of the EMG humbuckers it sounds like a real motherf**ker! I like it a lot!