Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: basses.. whats good!

basses.. whats good!

So instead of getting my jb sent out here I'm in the market for a bass! Probably 4 string but I could see myself with a five for that low b
    What you guys play? Got any suggestions? I'm trying to spend about a grand maybe a little mo

Our bass player (also my uncle!) recently bought a Cort Artisan bass. 4 stringer. I know that cort haven't the best reputation apparently.. but this bass is flawless. Neck through design and plays like butter.(I play bass also. Just isnt my main instrument. Guitar and drums are my go to's.)
    Ill get a link to the website. Can't remember how much he scored it for but I dont think i was too $$$ much.

Ok site isn't being cooperative but here's some beauties on Ebay. - http://www.ebay.com/bhp/cort-artisan-bass
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

Carvin may be worth looking at, I picked one up for my studio because I didn't want to spend too much and one the bass players I used to play with had one and loved it. Very impressed on the quality for the price (though as most know, not great on the resale value).

Thanks for the input guys
    I guess there were less bassists here than I thought
    I ended up ordering an esp... as for what model ill post pics when it gets here from japan!!

5. I know this is the forum for "other brands" but, dare I suggest the Caparison Dellinger-BASS? It's a fantastic bass, and even though it's out of production some dealers do still have them is stock.

Edit: Although perhaps not for a grand (just noticed that bit).

Got to second that, the Caparison is without doubt the best bass I've ever played, and I've gone through most makes! haha!....but not, interestingly enough, ESP. Let me know how it plays when you get it.

I did consider the dellinger for a bit and kind of.a bummer the c2 isn't out but I would love to try one someday

Well if I'm ever playing anywhere near you my friend you'd be more than welcome to have a bash on my Dellinger

haha that would be awesome

...i received this this morning! very nice. plays like butter and sounds incredible!dr.jpg

Very cool man. Congrats
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish