Thread: NGD: Ibanez RGD 2127FX (first ibby)

NGD: Ibanez RGD 2127FX (first ibby)

Soooo I couldnt help myself after hearing about how these things play and the bang for the buck appeal, plus they look sexy as hell. So I got one and I was able to pick it up this arvo.
    This is my very first Ibanez purchase and I'm quite impressed with this thing! The neck is great, guitar is very light. Very comfortable guitar to play. Could do with some tweaking here and there and pickup's need replacing. Not all that impressed with those but they are doing the job at the mo. Will prob get a set of dirmazio's in green/black. Should look cool.
    Anyways here are a few pic's from the old iphone 5s camera. Wont bother saying I'll upload better quality pics later caus I probably wont haha. Maybe when the new pups get installed.

Lol I have no idea why it flipped photo's around. Oh well.
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

Quote Originally Posted by Staygrey92 View Post
    the old iphone 5s camera.
    The old iphone 5s? Really? :P

Nice Ibby. Although I don't really like how they incorporated this shape and contour. Reminds me more of a Musicman than Ibanez, not that it's bad...but it's not Ibanezy

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Trypios View Post
    The old iphone 5s? Really? :P

Nice Ibby. Although I don't really like how they incorporated this shape and contour. Reminds me more of a Musicman than Ibanez, not that it's bad...but it's not Ibanezy
    Hahah didn't really mean old like that... more like "the good ole" iphone 5s

If the RGD's didn't have this shape and design I wouldn't have bought it. I love the look. Very aggressive and.. well ..clean-cut.
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

I love it man, and I agree the RGD shape/look is awesome. One of the few Ibanez's I would be seriously tempted by these days.

Congrats!
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

Congrats dude!
    Any NGD is a good day

I had one of these - Serious players.

Probably the nicest Ibanez 7 in my opinion - I really like the "prestige fret edge treatment"

Had several RGDs. Really wonderful guitars. After the RGA series this is my absolute favorite Ibby. COngrats man, she is bombproof.

I have posted before ^^ But having just bought another of these I feel the need to say more..

There are few sevens to match as far as I'm concerned, The necks are excellent and the previously mentioned 'Prestige fret edge treatment' (rolled frets etc) is awesome.

I love the bridge - had a 2127z and it just didn't feel or sound half as good. The JP esque switching is also a plus point, and the contours... Ah, One of my very favourites.
    Last edited by Redwolf; 12-03-2015 at 12:50 PM.