Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NGD: ESP Horizon FR-2

I've tested a few Horizons and my impression is that the quality control in ESP's is very high... they feel exactly the same regardless of the year they were manufactured and which woods have been used. I can only compare this to an LTD H-1000 I used to own. The frets and the entire fretboard feels more comfortable, very easy to play, the frets are maybe "higher" in whereas in LTD's they are "thick" ? The whole guitar seems sturdier in a sense. The neck is obviously different than in Caparisons and you do notice the clarity of the alder body wood compared to mahogany. The neck by the way is U shaped, not flat like in your typical Ibanez wizard.

The only thing I don't particularly like in this guitar is the ebony fretboard. I mean it looks KILLER but for some reason I prefer rosewood for the tone and feel. Ebony feels "denser" than rosewood, almost like plastic. (I guess people are going to kill me now )
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

Thanks for the info! Look's like it'll be another 'blind buy' if I go through with it. Not that I'm too worried. Most..if not all of my guitars have been and from what I've read and what you've told me I should be happy with it.

And I love ebony boards too so that's a definite plus for me.
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish