Thread: Preemptive NGD: Caparison Angelus TR

Red face Preemptive NGD: Caparison Angelus TR

After searching for over a year, I've finally found an Angelus TR. Thanks go out to Zack, for pointing me in the right direction, and Tody for selling his to me. I cannot wait to open up the case and start shredding away. I'm pretty sure I'm going to replace the OHSC with a Reunion Blues Continental case.

I'll take a bunch of shots when it arrives next week.

That top :o
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

Nice score!

Goddam that's beautiful. Still ranks as one of the absolute best looking guitars Caparison has ever made in my opinion. And I mean that given that basically every guitar they make looks amazing, but this thing stands out. I wanted one so bad for a long time.
    .................................................. ..........................................
    [Please sign along the dotted line using only a blue or black pen]

I'm speechless while looking at this guitar. The build and the woods appear phenomenal not to mention the BKP's and the overall condition. How much did you pay for it, if I may ask?

I'll say it again: that top.
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

So glad you got it bro. I know the crazy search for specific Angelus models all too well. Beautiful and it can't go to a better guy! HNGD dude!

Welp, the Angelus arrived yesterday. While I'm happy to finally have one, I'm less pleased with the manner it arrived and the condition. It was described as being 9.0/10. The photos didn't show any major issues. Unfortunately, when I received it, it had a lovely pair of scratches. Both of which were deep enough to be felt when running your finger over it. Not your typical finish scratches.

The other issue involved the method it was shipped. It arrived without a box. The case was wrapped in bubblewrap and that's it. Amazingly there wasn't more damage. There was a ding that went through the wood of the case and slightly damaged the padding on the interior. It was very lucky that the Angelus didn't have any further issues.

Even with all that said, I'm happy to have the guitar. It plays, sounds, and looks great (other than the scratches). The top is beautiful. I'll take some pics and post them later this week.

Last edited by taliababa; 15-10-2014 at 04:00 AM.

HNGD dude! This is my favorite capa, hope someday I get lucky like you

I feel sorry for the damages. Btw(if someone is willing to ship a capa to somewhere), i think most of you noticed that capa's case are fragile at the bottom part, next to bottom strap button of the guitar. There is no foam/styrofoam there, the button has a direct contact to the plywood. My angelus had the case damaged right there and thanks to Zeus, the guitar was intact. It was shipped without box too, just wrapped in bubble wrap.
    Sorry my terrible english!