Thread: Dellinger pickups

Dellinger pickups

Does anyone know if the standard dellinger pickups can be split?

I have a Dellinger II FX-WM and a Dellinger 7 FX-WM and really don't want to change the standard hum buckers out if i don't have to, but i really want to split the coils and have a push push switch on the guitar. If it can't be done then i'll just have to shell out for new ones i guess.

2. Hi Wesley, yes, these are the same pickups we coil split in other models. If you look at the CL15 switching for instance, it will give you an idea of what can be done. Just let me know if you need some help with the specifics.
    http://www.caparisonguitars.com

Quote Originally Posted by caparisonforum View Post
    Hi Wesley, yes, these are the same pickups we coil split in other models. If you look at the CL15 switching for instance, it will give you an idea of what can be done. Just let me know if you need some help with the specifics.
    Thank you very much for the reply! Thats great news! i Dont want to mess around too much as i think the caparison pickups in my Dellingers are very well suited to the guitars, hence id rather split them and not replace them with after market pickups.

Im sure my Dellinger II FW-WM has (B) PH-R and (N) PH-F pickups and my Dellinger 7 has (B) PH7b and (N) PH7n pickups, could you recommend a push push switch to suit the guitar, and if possible wiring diagrams to be able to split the coils on a push push.

Thank you very much again, you've saved me from installing over priced after market pickups!

4. Good quality push/push POTs are very hard to find, we use a local Japanese supplier for the few models that still use them. So I'm not sure where you'd get good ones from in the UK, good push/pull POTs are easier to come by.

PM me your coil spilt idea and we'll work out the wiring for you.

Thank you very much again!

Just ordered a couple of push push switches. will PM later today with the information

Just finished my dellinger II. Wiring diagram was spot on. Sounds exactly how I wanted, very happy I now have a coil tapped dellinger. Now just to find time to do my dellinger 7. Thank you very much to Gabriel and Itaru. They were very quick to help and their customer service and genuine care for their products is second to none in my opinion!

7. You're welcome! The pickups sound good don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by caparisonforum View Post
    You're welcome! The pickups sound good don't they?
    Absolutely! I couldn't be happier with them! Admittedly, I put it together with rather cheap wire to begin with. The results were great, but I'm going to replace the cheap wire with good quality insulated wire in the next few days.

I know its down to personal choice, but I really don't see why people replace the standard Caparison pickups... I found them a lot more responsive and suited to my Dellinger's than the Bareknuckle's I used to swear by on other guitars.

I will try to get time to do a video comparison once both the Dellinger II and Dellinger 7 are complete