Thread: Joel Stroetzel's new Custom Dellinger!

Joel Stroetzel's new Custom Dellinger!

Hello Caparison family! In case some of you aren't part of the Caparison Owners group on Facebook, I'll share with you some pics of Joel Stroetzel of Killswitch Engage's new custom Dellinger! I had talked to Joel about this guitar a few months ago and have patiently waited for the start of their current US tour because he decided he wouldn't start gigging it until this tour, finally it's seen the light of day and we can witness the sleek design of it... The live shot below is from Rock Fest 2015 in Wisconsin, the others are from Joel that he shared with some inner circle people

It is a Dellinger II-FX WM with gloss black finish, 3 ply pickguard, Maple neck & fingerboard, BLACK PEARL and Abalone clock inlays, black neck/headstock binding, and Fishman Fluence Modern active pickups.
    This guitar and Jona's new custom trans black Angelus are seriously my favorite Caparisons I've ever seen! Hope these end up becoming Signature models or something so I can own them!!

love it

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

I've been wishing for a blank headstock for ages. The time has finally come.
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon-IV View Post
    I've been wishing for a blank headstock for ages. The time has finally come.
    If you mean no model name it actually says Dellinger in silver, really hard to see except up close. But I love the maple headstock matching the maple fingerboard!

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrooper View Post
    If you mean no model name it actually says Dellinger in silver, really hard to see except up close. But I love the maple headstock matching the maple fingerboard!

Nah, that I didn't mean. I meant "blank", so without a specific paint finish (in terms of Capa, that's usually either black or matched to body), you know. Schecter Loomis style. The text is completely fine and imho I like it a lot... Maybe should've said just with a maple finish but then again not all headstocks are made of maple these days and that leaves room for smartypants.
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

Love it. Let's hope they're planning on making these capa-strats available to the public in the future.

7. Fugly...
    Gear:
    Caparison TAT :evil::evil::evil:
    Hamer Californian Elite
    Amp:
    Peavey XXX w/KT-77s

Cabinet:
    VHT Fat Bottom 4x12
    Mesa 4x12

Effects:
    Ibanez "Bodenhamer" TS-9
    MXR EQ
    ISP Decimator

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon-IV
    Nah, that I didn't mean. I meant "blank", so without a specific paint finish (in terms of Capa, that's usually either black or matched to body), you know. Schecter Loomis style. The text is completely fine and imho I like it a lot... Maybe should've said just with a maple finish but then again not all headstocks are made of maple these days and that leaves room for smartypants.
    "Natural headstock", and yes, this looks killer. The maple is awesome, very metal looking guitar, really liking the inlays too. First new one in awhile that's really called out to me, very nice!!