Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best hum/sing pickups for caparison horus?

best hum/sing pickups for caparison horus?

my caparison horus has only a 3 way switch .. what are the best humbucker bridge and mini humbucker neck that can go from nice clean to heavy gain(evergrey, dream theater, periphery, lamb of god) any recommendations?
    thanks

EMG 85/SA, you're welcome

There's no best, it's all subjective. And depends on your budget...
    If you go on the cheap, I'd suggest a Tone Zone (B) and Air Norton S (N). Quite versatile set for both clean and dist.
    Usually you have to sacrifice either your clean or your heavy tone. I feel Air Norton goes clean pretty nicely and Tone Zone is fatter than most bridge humbuckers. Both pups are meant for heavy stuff.

Suhr Modern custom, Suhr Modern M7, Stonebridge GS-23-CR, Fender USA deluxe P-bass, Almansa conservatory 435
    ENGL E670 + E412VS, Ashdown ABM EVO-II (2x10)
    Axe FX II

Quote Originally Posted by Schantist View Post
    EMG 85/SA, you're welcome
    100% agree !!!! No matter what style of metal you play. If you dont want active try the Seymour Duncan combination of the Nazgul (bridge) and the Sentient (neck)
    Caparison Custom Dellinger 7 M3 Black Rose with EMG 707 pick ups
    Caparison Custom Horus Snow Storm M3 with EMG 85 & SA pick ups
    Caparison Horus Grey Oiled Walnut Maple neck with EMG 85 & SA pick ups
    Caparison Black Knight ebony neck with EMG 85 & SA pick ups
    Line 6 POD X3 Live

ENDORSING
    Caparison Guitars
    Hughes & Kettner
    Elixir Strings

Eyefear guitarist/ composer Dark Epic Symphonic Power Metal

On my Horuses I use Holydiver for bridge to fatten tone and DiMarzio Fast Track II for neck position. Sounds pretty good to me
    www.inlovingmemory.es
    (melancholic doom/death)

Caparison: Dellinger SE-OM, Angelus HGS GM ProWhite, Angelus HGS TransBlack, Angelus TR Trans.RedBurst, TAT Red Sunset, TAT Frozen Sky
    Mayones: Regius 6 Gothic, Regius 7 Gothic, Duvell Elite 6, Setius 7 Gothic
    Skervesen: 4AP Custom, Raptor 6 NTB Custom, Raptor 7 FF Custom, Shoggie 7FF
    Ran: Crusher 7 FT Custom
    Strandberg: Boden USA 7
    Ibanez: J.Custom RG8527Z BX

Quote Originally Posted by Xykhron View Post
    On my Horuses I use Holydiver for bridge to fatten tone and DiMarzio Fast Track II for neck position. Sounds pretty good to me
    are you using ceramic or alnico holy diver?

I have a yjm fury on my cl13 with a coil split and its amazing!!!

I wonder about this as well. The stock pickups in my Horus M3 sound pretty good.....but I am a Dimarzio endorser, so I am thinking of putting some Dimarzio pickups in mine. More than likely the HS-4 stacked single coil in the neck position, and maybe the PAF Pro in the bridge?

I don't play a bunch of downtuned metal, and actually need a guitar to be versatile - my gigs can go from blues to jazz to reggae to top 40 to 90s alternative.....

I am going to leave it stock for a couple of months at first before I make any changes.

But I LOVE the guitar.......getting into Caparison has been a great new change in my playing...

OK I'm probably going to sound a bit biased since I also run the forum for DiMarzio (I founded that place before I founded this place!), but the DiMarzio Illuminator, Titan or Transition is what I'd go for in the bridge depending on what direction you want to go (there's also the D-Activator for that EMG vibe if you don't want to deal with batteries). For neck, I've had great experiences with the Chopper, Fast Track 2 and the Cruiser(bridge model). I've heard of the Satch Track working really well in a Horus as well, but once again it depends on the direction you want to go.
    ---=== Founder - CaparisonForum.Com ===---
    Got a Caparison question? Just ask

yeah - I am gonna go with some Dimarzios since they have been good to me for years, and I need to be good to them too. I really like the stock humbucker in my Horus, but for the neck pickup I need some more high end - a bit more single coil "spank" or "air".....but still noiseless.....

The Horus M3 EF is still blowing me away every time I pick it up, all I need now is a nice TAT sitting next to it