Thread: Installing a new push-push pot and Bare Knuckle Juggernaut into Horus, help needed

Installing a new push-push pot and Bare Knuckle Juggernaut into Horus, help needed

Hello everybody,

The push-push switch on my Horus broke and I have decided to replace it with a new one, as well as changing the bridge pickup. To my knowledge, this guitar was completely stock until this point. I have never wired this kind of switch before and I am a little confused. I am trying my best to match the wires I have now with the pictures I took before I clipped the wires and some things are not matching up.

The Juggernaut arrived with its green and white wires tied together with electrical tape. It seems like the original humbucker had its red and white wires taped together. Is it safe to assume these wires are the same for both pickups? Also, could I be mistaken and was it the neck pickup that had the tied wires?

To add to that, the Juggernaut also has a black, red and ground wire. I know where the ground goes, but I do not know what to do with the black and red wires. Based on the few diagrams I have seen, it seems like I have an extra wire to deal with.

I also need to reattach the neck pickup, which I am also somewhat confused about.

Any insight on this is greatly appreciated. I am still actively researching so hopefully I can get a handle on this myself, but I figured it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thank you

I want to add that from what I've read, a push-push pot is wired the same way as a push-pull pot, so if you have experience with a push-pull pot, please chime in.

1. Google a wire color diagram of both pickups (they aren't the same)

GeorgeLynchWireScheme.jpg

Else take it to a tech....

Thank you so much for that diagram, it's extremely helpful.

This should hopefully be my last question: What do I do with the red wire coming from my neck pickup? Unfortunately I am at work, so I can't confirm that there is a red wire from the neck pickup, but based upon memory and the pictures I took of my control cavity, there is another red wire coming from my neck pickup.

Once I get that ironed out, I will get soldering right away.

Thank you!

I've got it up and running!

Thanks so much for the help!

This pickup is awesome.