Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caparison's and ebay

Truth is...

The market is strange. Caps definitely seem to go in waves. Prices here are still pretty cheap from what I have seen though I have been out of Japan for over a month. They haven't gone up enough in price to make a major difference. It is more of a demand thing.
    I personally let some go recently for stupid cheap as I was trying to sell off all of my inventory for sheets and giggles and they weren't selling a prices I could make a profit on. In many cases my guitars were selling WELL below street price in Japan. Even then they took a while to sell.

I actually stopped selling so many on ebay as there were authorized dealers in Japan selling them for Japanese street price on eBay and also because I had a short run of people buying them then returning them because they THOUGHT there was something wrong with them when there wasn't at all. Confirmed by me, the store and even the factory!?!?!?! When you eat shipping both ways and give a refund to make customer happy just to find out their "tech" is a moron, it gets a little old. Over 1000 guitars sold from Japan without a single return then 3 Caparisons returned with NOTHING wrong with them? Very significant statistically.
    As it is now, I will probably be stocking a TAT or 2 but that is it. and used stuff of course.

Now is great time to be buying guitars as the economy is tanking and people are much more concerned with gas (for cars) than guitars. I took huge losses on many guitars in June when liquidating. I am sure it is the same for many other sellers.

Peace out etc etc.

I betcha every American taxpayer could afford a Caparison if we were not paying for a 3 trillion dollar crusade...... Just a thougt

Canadian_Shred_God Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by meestursparkle View Post
    I actually stopped selling so many on ebay as there were authorized dealers in Japan selling them for Japanese street price on eBay and also because I had a short run of people buying them then returning them because they THOUGHT there was something wrong with them when there wasn't at all. Confirmed by me, the store and even the factory!?!?!?! When you eat shipping both ways and give a refund to make customer happy just to find out their "tech" is a moron, it gets a little old. Over 1000 guitars sold from Japan without a single return then 3 Caparisons returned with NOTHING wrong with them? Very significant statistically.
    As it is now, I will probably be stocking a TAT or 2 but that is it. and used stuff of course.
    And what were these supposed problems? Sounds like you had a few guys who just wanted to "try" the guitars.

Hmmmmm

Trying it?hmmmm...I don't think so as I am pretty firm about not paying shipping etc on returns but I believed these guys so I did full refunds. I didn't even bother to check them out for a while after I got them back.
    As to the problems,I had a few for a long time and as the season changed the trusses needed to be adjusted so it is possible that they may have had some buzz, easy enough to adjust but one guy and his "tech" couldn't do it.
    One guy I think changed string gauge away from optimum on a 7 string and then complained that it had a little bit of buzz.
    The weirdest was the guy who said he and is super good tech decided the HGS was hopeless but when I finally got it back and got around to looking at it it had normal springs instead of heavy gauge. So there was ZERO way they ever could have even tuned it. I doubt I sent it out like that but even if I did how could anyone with any tech skills not realize the problem? You would think the bridge about to pop off would be small clue.
    Now I will accept returns for any reason but I have 10% restocking fee and no refund on shipping. I used to HATE when sellers did that but now I know why!!
    Take care

Man guys retuning guitars all the way to japan for a little buzz. Thats nuts. Well when i got mine from you all I did was tune it and it was perfect. Still loving the thing. Thats why i never take my guitars to any "techs" for anything or my cars to any "techs", etc. There are just so many people that will charge you top dollar to F up your stuff these days it's just sickening. Oh wait I forgot I have a very slight buzz on the low E with my action set at 1.2mm. Can I send it back?
    Last edited by yellowv03; 13-07-2008 at 07:06 PM.