Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what's on your pedal board?

Quote Originally Posted by dimebagdolf View Post
    Hey Firewalker,

I really like the X2. Two other people I know have switched to the X2 since I got mine. It's very easy to use, and sounds super close to a cable. It's almost un-noticeable.

Shoot me a PM or an email if you have any questions. I'd be more than happy to answer any.

Adolfo
    Interesting.. who makes the X2?

When I got mine... they were their own company. It seems that Line 6 bought them out recently.

http://line6.com/digitalwireless/

the_bleeding Guest
    all i use is a maxon od808. Makes my marshall sound good... but it really does need new powertubes... that arent mesa branded.

Any pedal geeks here? Updated Setups?
    Spacetheme_zps1a25ab3e.jpg
    Lot's of unobtainium =]. Working on finally finishing my retro future pedaltrain mini setup this year.
    1. First position is a Spaceman Spacerocket. Really unique metallic sounding fuzz. The star and the little flame light up depending on your attack, very cool.
    2. Second position is a Sonic Crayon vessels end vibrato/chorus. From a Canadian digital effects maker genius. Does sine, triangle, square, saw tooth, and random. It also has
    a scratch knob which makes it sound like old vinyl, tons of feature. Check out some of the other Sonic Crayons, they are truly amazing.
    3. Third is a Spaceman Aphelion. Interesting Overdrive. Extremely sensitive. May not be for everyone. It colors your tone a great deal but the tone control is great, depending on it's position it tightens or loosens your highs or lows, very useful for shaping your overall sound. Has a lot of gain and volume on tap.
    4. Fourth is the Spaceman Mercury III. Probably the best boost I've ever seen. The builder used vintage 1966 germanium transistors he had to win from a government auction to nail that vintage tone. The boost options are 2 mid range, a full boost, bass boost, and 2 treble boosts. I don't think we'll ever see a boost of this quality again. It gets VERY loud.

For the fifth and final position I'm waiting for Dr. Scientist (Great Canadian builder, Absolutely amazing stuff check it out) to finish the stereo analog delay he is working on which should be in the middle of this year. I'm thinking of swapping out the Spacerocket for a Rockett Afterburner overdrive (So I don't look like a fanboy lol) as I've heard great things of it's versatility and ideally I would like control (and Bass boost) instead of a crazy fuzz in my particular situations.
    Last edited by ZetaMkiii; 26-02-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    "There is no comparison to a Caparison." - Me

I have been satisfied just using the effects in my Pod HD, but I recently decided that I wanted a real board.

I just started acquiring, so I only have three pedals. They are all from TC Electronic: Hall of Fame, Flashback X4 and The Dreamscape.

My geekyness with pedals only go as far as a GT10 im afraid haha.
    Caparison Horus HGS Pro BlackModded Natural Finish

broken pod x3 live .___.
    Gear:
    Caparison Horus Snow Cloud (DiMarzio D-sonic & Air Norton S)
    Caparison Horus Maple Night (Seymour Duncan Distortion & Hot Rails)
    Caparison Horus-HGS MF07 Oiled Walnut (DiMarzio Evolution & The Chopper)
    Line6 Pod X3 Live
    KRK Rokit RP5 G2

Please donate:
    Axe Fx
    Horus iris violet
    Norwegian currency

EVH CryBaby & WayHuge Green Rhino into Fractal Audio unit.

My main pedal board. Runs through my ENGL Thunder 50 Driven

From Input to Amp. MXR CAE Wah, MXR EVH Phase 90, Xotic RC booster, Keeley modded TS9DX, MXR Wylde Overdrive, Fulltone OCD, Suhr Riot.
    Effects loop. Boss CH-1 Super Chorus, Vox Time Machine, EHX Holy Grail reverb.
    Last edited by Ericvai777; 26-03-2013 at 09:31 AM.

My 2nd pedalboard.
    From Input to Amp. Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah, Xotic EP Booster, Keeley modded TS9 30th Anniversary, Ibanez Jemini Distortion.
    Effects Loop. MXR 6 Band EQ, PedalTank Horus Chorus, Vox Time Machine.